Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New H/U settings please

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Hi all , Just installed a FH-X755BT and connected it up to the amp . What I was wondering is what do I set the equalizer on the H/U to ? The options are Powerful , Natural , Super Bass ,Vocal and flat plus 2 custom settings . I'm guessing Flat but just want to be sure .
Thanks in advance .

Bomber R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII R8 Clubsport
Custom all the way! Tune it until it sounds good to your ears

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Definitely custom... Adjust the settings until it sounds good to YOU!

I've found FLAT to sound pretty average and POWERFUL to be the most useful preset but it all depends on the speakers and installation.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Ok thanks , So I set it to what sounds good to me then fine tune it with the amp , is that correct ? I have a 4 channel amp and 2 6x9 in the parcel shelf and 2 6 inch in the front doors if that's of any help

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
No. Usually you would set the head unit to a flat EQ setting, then set the gains/levels on your amplifier, then set the EQ in the head unit to how you like the sound. Most amps don't do any EQ stuff, just overall levels and filtering out certain frequencies (crossovers).

Give this a read: Tutorial - Amplifier Gain & Crossover Adjustment

Bomber R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII R8 Clubsport
On the Pioneer I go with Bass +2, Q-1.0 with a centre frequency of 100Hz and a low pass filter set at 63Hz for all speakers. Mid at +1 Q at 0.7 centred at 500Hz and treble flat, Q- 1.0 and centred at 2000Hz. But I stress that's what sounds best to me , with my music, at my volume, and also it's in a 670 tonne Liebherr R996 excavator so probably doesn't apply to your car but fiddling with the settings is what starts your passion for the best sound possible!