Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Laws In South Australia For P platers, Consequences ???

mike49

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR, VX, VN Commodore's
I know about the new laws in SA about no supercharged or V8's etc etc... but i never really heard about the consequences if you do get caught ?

lets say i got caught driving my dads VT SS, 5L V8.. (just as an example) if i got caught, what would be the consequences, i heard its different for all the states and i havent heard about SA's

cheers

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
you know what i was thinking this just yesterday, im not exactly sure what would happen if you got pulled over and they found out you were driving a v8, but if you got in some kind of car crash one of the first things they look at is the car and licenseing of the drivers, so if they seen your provisional license and you were driving a v8, you might be more accountable for the crash for driveing the wrong class of car for your license, also insurence mighten pay for the damages ect, and im not to sure how the s.a laws are differnt to n.s.w laws but from what i've heard its 3-6 months driving ban for driving a v8

VSH00n

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive commodore
My mate got pulled over by the cops, they did a random licence check and he has a VS SS, V8 5L and he was on his red Ps and the cops didnt even check or care.

mike49

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR, VX, VN Commodore's
thanks guys

P platers only have 3 points dont they ?

if you lose those 3 points, does that mean you have no points and keep your license or lose your license once you have no points ?

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
in vic p platers have 5 points every year...and if you lose more than 12 over a 3
year period you lose ya license..or if ya lose all 5 in a years time ya lose ya license lol

LUMPY 8

buddaboy1990
Reaction score
SAs biggest retirement village (victor harbor)
Members Ride
Vu r8 maloo, mq patrol beach bus
as of the 7th of november this year i dont have 2 worry about all the p plater stuff as i get my full license :D but 1 thing that got me is when i was talking 2 a cop about this he said i can drive my vl because i had it registered in my name b4 the rules came out even tho its a v8 and i got my Ps way b4 the date of the new rules but my gf got her Ps b4 the date but she isnt allowed 2 drive v8s..... is it cause i had a v8 registered in my name? its just got me stumped :S

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
From the link I provided earlier.

High-powered vehicle restrictions do not apply:

:when you turn 25 years of age

:if you had your P1 or P2 licence before 4 September 2010.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
From the link I provided earlier.

High-powered vehicle restrictions do not apply:

:when you turn 25 years of age

:if you had your P1 or P2 licence before 4 September 2010.
so thats just for s.a?

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
That is the rule for S.A

Each state will have a rule that would be on their own website.