Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Laws In South Australia For P platers, Consequences ???

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
If you got your p's before the laws came in, then you're safe anyway. If not, then it'd be hefty. It would probably be the same fine and being caught with mods on your P plates (well in vic you're not aloud anything)

Chrispy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, 2015 Daytona 675R
Doesn't affect me as i got my p's before september. :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Doesnt affect me, got p2's on 1st sept, this year.....

My licence has a condition on it (just says '01') where my girlfriends doesnt? anyone know why? just curious.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Doesnt affect me, got p2's on 1st sept, this year.....

My licence has a condition on it (just says '01') where my girlfriends doesnt? anyone know why? just curious.
where bouts does it say 01?is it under where it says license class?

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Nah just at the top right corner of the photo - 01 is printed.
See photo below:

img0039iog.jpg

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
okat then i have no idea what it means exactly, but its written right under conditions, which might mean you can only drive auto/or it means you can drive both, mabey yours are differnt because you have a manual license and she has only an auto licence?

chrispy89

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 6sp Manual VZ ute
there is no manual or auto licence, for cars they com in when u get truck licences.

also in sa u have 4 points on P"S and when u lose all 4 u lose yr licence, basicly do anything wrong and kiss yr licence gd bye (most offences is 3 points, and then 1 for breaching p conditions) for 6-12 months. but when this happens u can apply to the courts to get 1 point bac if u have a legit reason to have yr licence. if u live in metro areas u have about 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000001% of getting a point bac cause there is public transport, in rural, u may be lucky and get 1 bac

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
there is no manual or auto licence, for cars they com in when u get truck licences.

also in sa u have 4 points on P"S and when u lose all 4 u lose yr licence, basicly do anything wrong and kiss yr licence gd bye (most offences is 3 points, and then 1 for breaching p conditions) for 6-12 months. but when this happens u can apply to the courts to get 1 point bac if u have a legit reason to have yr licence. if u live in metro areas u have about 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000001% of getting a point bac cause there is public transport, in rural, u may be lucky and get 1 bac

in n.s.w, if you pass your p's test in a auto car, you cant drive manual, and on the licence under licence conditions it says A is you passed in auto, which means you cant drive manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
My licence (as pictured above) is not bound to transmission type and i am not restricted from driving v8's or turbo's.

It's just weird that there is the 01 there under conditions, no one can explain it. May be a printing error. Oh well

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
I have done a bit of research on this topic as I am 21 on my P's and I MIGHT be losing my licence soonish, all depends on how court plays out. Anyway I made some phone calls to find out what happens if I lose my licence after the cut off date (4th sep) and I was told that when my licence is reissued the new laws will apply to me. However, the other day I received a letter saying that if I lose it after the date and then have it reissued the new laws will NOT apply but instead I won't be able to drive with anyone else in the car between 12 and 5am.