Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NEW MITSUBISI 380 - Pics revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hsv_008

Looks Like an Awesum Car! see how this one Goes with the Commodore and Falcon??!!! :yeah: SWEET NAME 380..

buddyforu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VPII Executive
Got my WHEELS mag today!!! (I'm a subscriber) here's some interesting facts:

There are 5 models in the 380 range: 380, 380LS, 380VRX, 380LX and 380GT (which is on the cover of wheels)

The engine which is standard across the range is a 3.8ltr 175kw (343Nm) V6 (yes, even the sports models have this) and the standard 380 can go from 0-100 in 7.3sec, 0-400m in 15.3sec at 152km/h - quicker than Commodore.

Standard equipment in the 380 includes:
5 Speed Auto
16" Steel Wheels
Power windows all round
Climate Control
Cruise Control
Trip Computer
Electric drivers seat with hight and tilt control
Front and rear airbags - the rears are in the back of the front seats!!
Rear centre console aircon outlets
Ski port

And this is the BASE model!!!

Fuel economy is good with 10.8L/100km for the Auto.

I would post pics but I'm not sure how...

Oh and the Falcon has outsold the Commodore for August (according to WHEELS) this is the first time since 2002 this has happened.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
buddyforyou said:
and the standard 380 can go from 0-100 in 7.3sec, 0-400m in 15.3sec at 152km/h - quicker than Commodore.

Lol, you trying to start trouble?

Looks pretty good.. Should be a hit I think..

buddyforu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VPII Executive
LOL no, not trouble. I'm betting that at VZII time the base Alloytec will be bumped to 180KW and the 5 speed auto will become standard to counter the new 380 engine and improvements to the engines in the imminent BF Falcon. I have to say the 380 does look quite impressive, the frontal treatment is very smooth and simple. But honestly, its only once you see the Galant and 380 side by side that you can see the differences. Ditto with the interior.
Mitsubishi will really have to push for this car not to be considered just a re-named Magna, because lets face it, that what most of us probably think it is!

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
buddyforu said:
LOL no, not trouble. I'm betting that at VZII time the base Alloytec will be bumped to 180KW and the 5 speed auto will become standard to counter the new 380 engine and improvements to the engines in the imminent BF Falcon. I have to say the 380 does look quite impressive, the frontal treatment is very smooth and simple. But honestly, its only once you see the Galant and 380 side by side that you can see the differences. Ditto with the interior.
Mitsubishi will really have to push for this car not to be considered just a re-named Magna, because lets face it, that what most of us probably think it is!

speaking of which - where the hell is the series two? shouldnt it be out by now? according to UHCA no recent model (vt onwards) has been released after september.....

and i just realised the guy who started this posts user name is 380 and they have only posted once. someone is plugging the 380 on a commodores site! :my:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Who cares? I don't.. I have a vast interest in cars outside of Commodores.. Don't we all...

czerwonyVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 3.8 A4
bextor84 said:
Who cares? I don't.. I have a vast interest in cars outside of Commodores.. Don't we all...
im only on here because i own a commo, and i got that from my dad he bought it a few years ago and hardly uses it. will soon be selling/ trading in to make way for my 1st car (i will consider my 1st real car as i will choose it and pay for it), which will probably be a pre 95 [ie. pre ecotec] calibra 2.0 16v.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
*adds aussiemagna.com to favourites* ... you know just so that I can join up and tell them every time holden releases a new model. Because I am sure they would all be as excited and appreciative of the news as we are :whistling

Status
Not open for further replies.