Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NEW MITSUBISI 380 - Pics revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddyforu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VPII Executive
Riiiight.... :whistling Funnily enough, they probably would be as 'excited and appreciative' of the VE Commodore when it comes out late next year. The 380 is a MAJOR model for Mitsubishi, just like the VE is for Holden. Probably more so for Mitsu because it really is a 'make-or-break' model. And considering it competes directly with the Commodore should be more than enough to make people sit up and take notice. I for one am very interested in this car and would never right it off just because it doesn't have a Holden badge...VERY naive... :b:

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
buddyforu said:
I for one am very interested in this car and would never right it off just because it doesn't have a Holden badge...VERY naive... :b:

Hey u got it all wrong! I'm not writing it off because it doesn't have a holden badge, that means jack to me, hell it could have a ford badge and I wouldn't care. In fact it has nothing to do with the badge it doesn't have, its all about the badge it does have that makes me write it off... mitsubishi....... :rofl:

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
The Series II VZ is out NOW. As of September 2005, Shanghai Red and Barbados are no longer available. Glaze, a silver with blue and gold pearl joins the range. The only difference between VZ II and VZ I is that the VZ II has no V6 or V8 badge underneath the repeater lamps. The VZ II Lumina is a matter of days away also, you can tell it from the Series I Lumina by the Calais-style foglights. Cosmo (the purple off the VY II SS) makes a return but it's Lumina-specific. There are pictures of the VZ II Lumina on the GM Media website.

That's all I know.

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
Oops sorry, I just forgot. I have SEEN and SAT IN a VZ II Lumina at a Holden dealer but pricing and other info hasn't been released yet.

czerwonyVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 3.8 A4
buddyforu said:
Riiiight.... :whistling Funnily enough, they probably would be as 'excited and appreciative' of the VE Commodore when it comes out late next year.
well, the commodore is an australian icon... the magna/380 is just another car.

Jesk

registered lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 ef2 fairmont
Julie said:
Hey u got it all wrong! I'm not writing it off because it doesn't have a holden badge, that means jack to me, hell it could have a ford badge and I wouldn't care. In fact it has nothing to do with the badge it doesn't have, its all about the badge it does have that makes me write it off... mitsubishi....... :rofl:

nothing wrong with mitsubs and ive had the priviallage to quite a few had 4 a regualar drivers over the time, and with my 1.5L carby lancer getting 5.5Lper100km on highway up to 7 in the city the petrol isn't such a killer

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Torana said:
The Series II VZ is out NOW. As of September 2005, Shanghai Red and Barbados are no longer available. Glaze, a silver with blue and gold pearl joins the range. The only difference between VZ II and VZ I is that the VZ II has no V6 or V8 badge underneath the repeater lamps. The VZ II Lumina is a matter of days away also, you can tell it from the Series I Lumina by the Calais-style foglights. Cosmo (the purple off the VY II SS) makes a return but it's Lumina-specific. There are pictures of the VZ II Lumina on the GM Media website.

That's all I know.

oh yeah - http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/news?categoryID=5&articleID=1356&navCategoryId=all

Attachments

• GatewayServlet.jpg
    GatewayServlet.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 136

buddyforu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VPII Executive
czerwonyVN said:
well, the commodore is an australian icon... the magna/380 is just another car.

And your point is...

The 380 competes directly with Commodore. Whether or not the Commdore is an Australian Icon is irrelevent.

R

RKZ234

Torana said:
NO!!!!!!!!!! Also I would like to say that yes, it is pretty ****in' dangerous to put a 192kW 3.8-litre V6 into a Front-Wheel-Driven car.....

Bring on the Supercharged AWD version! Yeeeeeee Haaaaaaaa!

Status
Not open for further replies.