Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Owner VF series 2 2016

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
Thanks @Ruley, using Opels Tis2web and a random 2017 Commodore Motorsport edition VIN of 6G1FE5EW0HL320852 i plucked from the internet, i can again select A11 Radio and see the following:

What may be of interest to @Mickcc is what s/w part numbers were pulled for the radio by the Nano given the VIN it sees?… and here it’s where it gets fuzzy for me as I’ve got no idea what GM’s diagnostics software does if the radio has a donor car VIN stored within while the actual vehicle VIN is something else….
Amazing all the Info we can get on ours cars Via Vin number
true about the Radio Vin of other cars and what do these programmers do to allow our donor Head Unit to
allow it connect to the car as if you don`t get it programmed you can not use it becomes locked ???

had a look at this Tis2web site looks like you have to sign up somewhere
would this be useful if I signed up
had a look at this and seems it is no longer available

Go to https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web and input the vehicle’s VIN and the site will return the calibration history for the particular vehicle.

Also from all this Head Unit donoring I have another one out of a 2016 VF VS6
and have another go with it being programmed with my vin number ie. send it away to be done correctly
the other one wasn`t done with my vin number
this could be the problem with the donor Units

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
had a look at this Tis2web site looks like you have to sign up somewhere
would this be useful if I signed up
had a look at this and seems it is no longer available
Tis2web was free to peruse GM's vehicle specific data base simply armed with a VIN and a web browser on a computer with internet connection. Then I guess GM decided they didn't like 3rd party mechanics/owners checking things for "free" so canned the web site and forced almost everyone through their GDS/TLC subscriptions service...

As @Ruley stated, Opel still has their Tis2web site up and running which is where i got the data i previously posted.

https://tis2web.service.opel.com/

But for how much longer this site remains up who knows? The fact Opel is now owned by PSA group bodes well and hopefully that means we'll continue to get access for much longer due to the access potentially being part of the company sales agreement... or less if GM simply hasn't got around to screwing Opel customers like they screwed GM/Holden customers...

As for signing up, the links you provided currently returns

Service Unavailable - DNS failure

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
In any case, access to such programing info is available via GDS/TLC and via GM's single VIN programing subscription which presumably you must already have as you wouldn't be able to program without it.

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
Hi Guys
I`m looking to upgrade my Calais 2016 S2 V6 from the standard singles Pipes non
Bi-Modal to the Twin Tips as below

www.planetparts.com.au

Holden VF Commodore Series 2 Sedan/Wagon Electric Bi-Modal Mufflers (Pair) (Flange Connection)
Holden VF Commodore Series 2 Sedan/Wagon Electric Bi-Modal Mufflers (Pair) (Flange Connection) - Holden

www.planetparts.com.au www.planetparts.com.au

which are on special for 350 bucks but there in WA and 80 Buck Shipping

also found these in Keysborough Victoria at Planet Parts for $400
and this

www.ebay.com.au
EXHAUST MUFFLERS SEDAN 3" TIPS EBAY'S BEST FOR COMMODORE VE VF SS SSV SV6 HSV | eBay
Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for EXHAUST MUFFLERS SEDAN 3" TIPS EBAY'S BEST FOR COMMODORE VE VF SS SSV SV6 HSV at the best online prices at eBay!
www.ebay.com.au

For $400 bucks
anyone know of any others in Victoria
and is this a good idea
cheers

Attachments

• Twin tips.JPG
    Twin tips.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 44

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Have you sussed-out how to get the bi-modal valves switched from your ECU?
The answer might tell you whether it’s a good idea.
I think that for a V6 you likely don‘t want to be opening those valves & hence any old aftermarket (or non-bi-modal) would work.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
The only mufflers you should be looking at are the AFM Mufflers from a Series 1 SS Auto, or VE SS with AFM

The single outlet to quad tips.

MU-U-VE-AFMV8.jpg

You can find them generally for peanuts (Got mine for $50) and they bolt right up.

They dont drone, dont make the car louder, and properly fill the bumper out which IMO is the only reason to get them. The stock SV6 tips are fine but do look abit lost in the massive cutout. All other quad mufflers WILL drone somewhat, even the Series 2 Bimodal mufflers. There was a video on an SV6 Facebook page recently about a bloke who just got a VF SV6 that had the Gen F mid section and bimodal mufflers.

He took them off because they where very loud and droned massively, and only sounded good on a distant flyby

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
Thats great one option and likely the best
i was mainly looking at the Stainless Steel type as
I have noticed some rust marks on the concrete looks like the join around the edges leaking on the Muffler
thanks NJD-1992

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The only mufflers you should be looking at are the AFM Mufflers from a Series 1 SS Auto, or VE SS with AFM

The single outlet to quad tips.

View attachment 257552

You can find them generally for peanuts (Got mine for $50) and they bolt right up.

They dont drone, dont make the car louder, and properly fill the bumper out which IMO is the only reason to get them. The stock SV6 tips are fine but do look abit lost in the massive cutout. All other quad mufflers WILL drone somewhat, even the Series 2 Bimodal mufflers. There was a video on an SV6 Facebook page recently about a bloke who just got a VF SV6 that had the Gen F mid section and bimodal mufflers.

He took them off because they where very loud and droned massively, and only sounded good on a distant flyby
We used the quad outlet and they were perfect.

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
We used the quad outlet and they were perfect.
Can anyone help with some Part numbers
might be lucky to get 2 new ones in Dandenong
tomorrow
now i know mine might be starting to rust out

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
Have you sussed-out how to get the bi-modal valves switched from your ECU?
The answer might tell you whether it’s a good idea.
I think that for a V6 you likely don‘t want to be opening those valves & hence any old aftermarket (or non-bi-modal) would work.
Hi Forg
does my car have bi-modal valves ??
i didn`t see any on the muffler unless there some where hiding