Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 Holden VF LS3 issues

2016VFREDLINE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF REDLINE
Any ideas on this one? Own a 2016 Holden SSV VF redline series 2 LS3, This afternoon I Drove 40 minutes perfectly fine I parked at the shops came back and when I went to start the car I got the following,

Struggled to start

Rev gauge stuck at 0rpm

Esp service light on

Rough idle

Made it home and turned it off, came back about 3-4 hours later to start it back up, started fine, no lights and the rpm gauge worked and was idling normally, I checked using an OBD2 scanner which I’ve used in the past but, according to the scanner there wasn’t a single code reported at all

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Dodgy battery? If it's still the original one, could be time to have it checked. Just a suggestion.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
might be crank sensor starting to play up, usually happens when its hot then works again when it cools, eventually it will show a code for it

2016VFREDLINE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF REDLINE
so just an update, started perfectly fine this morning, I drove to work perfect fine I was only in for 2-3 hours tops, started fine again when I left and was still warm, just drove home in bumper to bumper traffic, never skipped a beat, parked up at home gave it 30 minutes, went to start it again just out of curiosity to try replicate yesterdays issue, started perfectly fine not a single issue, I’ve already booked it in at my local tuner who has done the work on it so far just as a precaution