Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Paint Job

whitevrboi

Just another white vr.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
Hey all was considering gettin my vr resprayed, can anyone give an indication on how much it would cost and if anyone knows a good place to take it to around the western/inner suburbs of sydney?

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
When I went to a panel beaters for a general quote after my hail damage, it was roughly $300 per panel, original colour.

But I'm in Tas, so thats about all I can do mate.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Hey all was considering gettin my vr resprayed, can anyone give an indication on how much it would cost and if anyone knows a good place to take it to around the western/inner suburbs of sydney?

Are you looking at a same color respray or are you looking to change the color?

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
i think its more the prep work that depends on the cost if the body is perfect and you just want a same colour closed door respray it wont cost as much as mine will..... bloody little dings and crap in the door's im too scared to get a quote

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Im going to get a respray as soon as i fit my supercharger due to a vx bodykit. Has any one fully prepped there car then taken it into the sprayers just to paint. Im curious as to a price also?

whitevrboi

Just another white vr.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
umm yea prob just the same maybe with a tinge of something, the body isnt too bad one small dint and a couple of small scratches but nothing major, also is it possible to do my side mirrors and door handles myself? what kinda paint should i use?

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Im going to get a respray as soon as i fit my supercharger due to a vx bodykit. Has any one fully prepped there car then taken it into the sprayers just to paint. Im curious as to a price also?

The problem with doing your own prep work is that most spray painters won't touch it because they cannot guarantee the work and if the final product looks crappy then you are not going to be happy and will blame the painter and they will blame your prep work so it is not really worth the trouble for them. If you can find a place that will just spray the car you are probably still looking at around $1200 minimum for a closed door respray in the same colour as your car is now.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
umm yea prob just the same maybe with a tinge of something, the body isnt too bad one small dint and a couple of small scratches but nothing major, also is it possible to do my side mirrors and door handles myself? what kinda paint should i use?

For a same color respray from a reputable place you are looking at around $3000 - $4000 at a minimum for a closed door respray which includes prep. Im not sure on the best way to paint your mirrors or door handles so I will leave that to someone else to answer.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Hmm 1200 is awesome i was thinkin around 2k mark, i still would love to do it myself, after reading some guides i think itd be a awesome experience, might have a go...do the misses nova first lol.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Hmm 1200 is awesome i was thinkin around 2k mark, i still would love to do it myself, after reading some guides i think itd be a awesome experience, might have a go...do the misses nova first lol.

Thats $1200 minimum and the quality of the finish will probably be fairly average for that kind of money. Remember that you get what you pay for when it comes to resprays.