Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] New Raising Lowering Laws Petition

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Just a little thread for the N.S.W members, im aware there is one in the pub but it directly affects us.

July 16, 2009
Article from: Australian Associated Press

NEW laws making it an offence to raise or lower a car's suspension without proper approval is about saving lives, New South Wales Roads Minister Michael Daley says.

From August 1, car owners will be limited to raising or lowering their suspension by no more than five centimetres, and all modifications will need approval from Roads and Traffic Authority engineers.

Currently, a car can be raised or lowered by up to five centimetres without approval and by up to 15 centimetres with approval.

Mr Daley says while drivers may think a lowered car looks "cool" it really is dangerous and any adjustment of more than five centimetres doesn't belong on the road.

"I don't want to see young hoons putting their lives or the lives of others at risk, just because they think their car looks better 15 centimetres closer to the ground," Mr Daley said.

"Raising or lowering a vehicle's height can put the driver, passengers and other road users at risk.

"It can affect handling, braking and safety features such as electronic stability control."

Any vehicle that is raised or lowered after August 1 will have to carry a certificate stating that the modifications confirm to safety standard requirements.

Please sign the petition:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/94/help-save-the-future-of-modified-cars-in-nsw

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
+1 for me....

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
im going to leave it but if it turns into a bashing thread it will be deleted :thumbsup:

vpcalais6

F#%ING [P] PLATER
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
V6 manual vp Calais
+1 for me .....

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
+1 from me aswell :)
looks to be a fair few already signed

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
yep 1 from me i waana lower my car soon its not there prob its ours were the 1's driving ova there stupid speed humps wreckin our exhausts they should just go away

Keepleft

Mot Adv-NSW
Reaction score
The NSW move is part of a National agenda. NSW is simply the first State to adopt it.

Discussion should proceed at the General area, so non NSW residents can be alert. It is a can of worms and is being discussed in many a forum, and on Facebook at political level.

No disrespect, but the Petition will *not* change anything. Contact Michael Daley directly, OR your local STATE MP and seek redress down that path. NRMA also, as a key advocate.

Pdf is available at RTA web for you to read.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Michael Daley has made himself unavailable and wont be available until the law has come into effect conincidentally enough....

shauniie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 hsv ve r8 clubby oh baby!
+1 for me

honestly how can they say that it causes accidents lowerin ur car not stupid low but to a nice ride height actually improved the handling of a car the more body roll u have the worse the handling is gonna be stupid idiots they should research stuff b4 puttin stupid laws up like this