Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] New Raising Lowering Laws Petition

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
+1 for me

honestly how can they say that it causes accidents lowerin ur car not stupid low but to a nice ride height actually improved the handling of a car the more body roll u have the worse the handling is gonna be stupid idiots they should research stuff b4 puttin stupid laws up like this

+ Improve the roads. Fixing pot holes would be first on the list.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Sorry TVR, but I'm a conscientious objector. The current system has been abused to bejesus and back, and it was inevitable that once you abuse privileges afforded to you for too long, they will be taken away.

Like Keepleft says a petition won't do squat, even less an internet one. You'd need a politician behind you have any chance and an issue like this is so politically unpopular because of the perceptual link to "hoons" that no sane politician will touch it with a 10ft barge pole.

Perhaps its time to start voting for the Recreational 4WD party? :whistling

Seriously, the best outcome from this issue right now, would be for everyone to realise WHY this has happened, and start thinking about how they might modify their behaviour so it doesn't lead to something else they take for granted being removed - like the privilege of fitting aftermarket wheels, or body kits, and everything else people enjoy doing to their cars with relative freedom.

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
I heard on the radio today about a "car enthusiast forum" petition against this, one MP stated on the radio that this is a poor way of addressing the (perceived) "hoon" problem. Apologies but I cant remember the mp's name.

holdenhero

Car idiot
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT
+1

Now, I've read numerous articles on these laws and I've yet to conclude precisly what exactly it says. I can't make out definately wether or not it states that ANY lowering/raising of the car is going to have to get certified, or if any lowering/raising more than 5cm is going to have to get certified or if any mods at all have to be passed (source for that last one, southern courier)

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
I can see what is going to happen when the new law takes effect.... Some won't be bothered paying for the engineers certificate, and will be doing their own D.I.Y lowering in their own back yard. How safe will that be then??? Sure they can be pulled over and the car will be defected. But it will be a matter of safety for them and other road users, untill they do get caught.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
+1

Now, I've read numerous articles on these laws and I've yet to conclude precisly what exactly it says. I can't make out definately wether or not it states that ANY lowering/raising of the car is going to have to get certified, or if any lowering/raising more than 5cm is going to have to get certified or if any mods at all have to be passed (source for that last one, southern courier)

The RTA will be implementing regulations to completely outlaw the raising and lowering of vehicles by more than 50mm, and any raising or lowering between 0-50mm will require engineers approval...

Total height, not just suspension height. Going off the trim height on the compliance plate.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
Its about time they did this as any fool can lower or raise a car without knowing what they are doing and what adverse effects it can have later on .. 22 years in the motor trade seen alot of dodgy workmanship and poor setups from street cars to 4wd , trailer mods 6x4 to caravans , boat trailers you name it , and most of these go unnoticed until some disaster happens or someone is killed or harmed by a short cut bring it to light , Here in VIC we dont have yearly roadworthy inspections so cars are rarely inspected until sold or defected by the police ..