Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Ride & Member

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Also congrats on the new ride, looks good and should have a nice bit of go.

*cough* Needs Coilovers *cough*;)

VF2SSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 SSV Redline
I really don’t think you should look at ceramic coating as a scratch resistant product.
I would never not do it again on any of my future cars.
Paint correction and good coating cost factor in to the purchase price for me now.
Don’t get dealer coatings either if buying from them.
Yep would never get the dealer coatings. I had a mate of mine who is a detailer correct and coat mine with Modesta BC-04 & 05 coating.
I’m really careful not to scratch it. Wash it myself using the two bucket method, frequently change the wash mit and even bought a deionised water filter for the final rinse so I don’t have to use a shammy to dry. Air dry it using an air compressor.

VF2SSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 SSV Redline
Also congrats on the new ride, looks good and should have a nice bit of go.

*cough* Needs Coilovers *cough*;)
Cheers! Believe me I’m itching to lower it. Had an VF SV6 prior that was lowered on 20’s - looked great but hated the drive compared to this.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Yep would never get the dealer coatings. I had a mate of mine who is a detailer correct and coat mine with Modesta BC-04 & 05 coating.
I’m really careful not to scratch it. Wash it myself using the two bucket method, frequently change the wash mit and even bought a deionised water filter for the final rinse so I don’t have to use a shammy to dry. Air dry it using an air compressor.
I know you said you dont necessarily use a shammy 'cause of the compressor, but you should never use one anyway full stop. Microfibre drying towels are much better for the paint should you need to wipe dry.

VF2SSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 SSV Redline
I know you said you dont necessarily use a shammy 'cause of the compressor, but you should never use one anyway full stop. Microfibre drying towels are much better for the paint should you need to wipe dry.
Thanks mate - noted. I wasn’t aware of this. Just read some articles online and can now see why. Cheers!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Cheers! Believe me I’m itching to lower it. Had an VF SV6 prior that was lowered on 20’s - looked great but hated the drive compared to this.
Why ruin the drive yet again?

Just leave the stilettos on and tell people it makes your arse look better :p:p:p

Last edited:

VF2SSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 SSV Redline
Anyone have any feedback using Sam’s?

Noticed all positive reviews over the years when searching the web and hoping the same in this day and age.

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
hi Daniel
the mods you have listed sound well balanced and thought out
the cam sounds great for a street driven car, its always better to under cam a car than chose too big a cam and end up with a pig of a car to drive and something thats not enjoyable to drive
all your mods with the exhaust should sound grouse, my advice if you have the option of 3inch or 2 1/2inch cat back exhaust is to go with 3inch catback, larger means bit more noise
everyone loves a booming 6.2 v8 so go the 3inc catback if you can, though the 2 1/2inch sounds good too
i have not had any work done by sams but have never heard any bad reports comming from there workshop so all should be good
buying your car with such low Ks would be like buying a new car
congratulations and look after your new beast , you own something special
cheers mate

VF2SSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 SSV Redline
hi Daniel
the mods you have listed sound well balanced and thought out
the cam sounds great for a street driven car, its always better to under cam a car than chose too big a cam and end up with a pig of a car to drive and something thats not enjoyable to drive
all your mods with the exhaust should sound grouse, my advice if you have the option of 3inch or 2 1/2inch cat back exhaust is to go with 3inch catback, larger means bit more noise
everyone loves a booming 6.2 v8 so go the 3inc catback if you can, though the 2 1/2inch sounds good too
i have not had any work done by sams but have never heard any bad reports comming from there workshop so all should be good
buying your car with such low Ks would be like buying a new car
congratulations and look after your new beast , you own something special
cheers mate
Thanks @imfvf2ssredlineute appreciate the feedback.
Pretty sure it’s a full 3inch system but will confirm. Had to wait a few weeks for the Hurricane system to come in and I’m now booked in at Sam’s next week.
The car drives great mate I couldn’t be happier with the purchase and looking forward to seeing once the mods are completed.
Thanks.