Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Series 2 MY12 SV6

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
Hey Phil,

I wouldn't be happy with that at all mate.

My rear window is completely covered bottom to roof lining. So far no drama with any peeling.

$h!7 go mate.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Apprantly it has something to do with the amount of glue on this particular tint (less glue than some of the cheaper tint!) that wont allow it to be stretched to all corners of the back window. As it drys is will try to pull back causing it to lift off the dot matrix area.....

Never seen this happen with the metalised tints that I've had, all had lifetime warranty on fading, peeling, bubble etc..

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
Strange,

I've tinted ever car I've owned never had any issues.

I'm surprised they expected you to be happy with that.

Good luck with it, I'm sure you can get it sorted.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Well I am contemplating on having the whole job redone by another place. They use the metalised tint and not the carbon film. I just hope they dont destroy my rear window demister bars.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Hey man, very clean looking sv6 you got there.
Shame about the tint. Mine goes all the way to the top, there are some bubbles where the demisters are but the tint hasn't peeled.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Hey vongy,

Thanks mate, as you'd already know the series 2 SV6 drives very nice. I like the new front styling and I Q system. The cloth interior feels more supportive (IMO) to the leather, atleast compared to my previous SSV. It was hard and worse in winter.

I've had the rear window tint replaced and it's been done properly (or the way I am use to seeing it). They will be replacing the tint on the side windows next week for me as well.

On a side note I got nearly 600klm from my first tank of fuel (91RON) which the dealer filled when I picked up the car... No highway driving, just around town stuff..

boomboombas

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 s2
very nice mate we just got a s2 2010 very impressed .after reading yr threads im not dissapointed i went the 6 route could not afford the time or $ on the ss.
congrats on yr new ride

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Whats the power like on the stock SV6?

ctravm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
If you are going to get it redone I would recommend Prime Window Tinting in Kambah. Did my Series II SS and very happy with it. The tint covers the full window.

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Hey mate very very nice ride! Sounds like the new sv6's are getting pretty popular. Yeah thats **** about the tint it looks strange. I reckon get it redone and just get warranty on it.