Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New to the VR scene

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Beatiful colour! Sounss good.
You can get a T5 or Getrag box. Might be hard with the 3 seater.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If it "fogs up easily" that sounds like the heater is leaking which can cost a lot of money to replace by a mechanic (upwards of $1000) or DIY for a fraction. You can also block off the heater. Hope I'm wrong.

recognise

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
Heres some more pics of her. I was thinking of getting an exhaust for the first mod, 2.5" cat back exhaust by Lukey. Where would the cheapest place to get one of these. I've seen some on eBay but just wondering if there were some places I can go and pick them up. I live around western sydney, blacktown area.

RUN415

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Thanks for showing the front seat + column shift...cool. :^ )

SWE11L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina/ KJ Verada/ 88 Trans Am
Has the car been in your family since new? I only ask so that you know the history of the car before you start spending money, therefor you'll know if its been thrashed or whatever. In my opinion and experience get a mechanic you know and trust to suss out the whole car before you start pumping cash into it, 10 years ago I had a VL that was the biggest piece of **** on the planet and I spent heaps on it in the first month then it began falling apart and no joke, never ending engine trouble! After 1 year of that bullshit I bought my VS :)

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Yes the VS could be optioned with a manual, as said above, you have the Choice of the Borg Warner T5 Gearbox (cable clutch) or the Getrag Gearbox (Hydraulic Clutch)

I don't think any 6 seater VS commodores came with a 5 speed, so you would have to find all the bits from a 5 seater and swap them in.

recognise

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
Has the car been in your family since new? I only ask so that you know the history of the car before you start spending money, therefor you'll know if its been thrashed or whatever. In my opinion and experience get a mechanic you know and trust to suss out the whole car before you start pumping cash into it, 10 years ago I had a VL that was the biggest piece of **** on the planet and I spent heaps on it in the first month then it began falling apart and no joke, never ending engine trouble! After 1 year of that bullshit I bought my VS :)

Yeah my dad bought the car new back in 1996 and has been in the family since then. No one has ever thrashed it or done anything stupid, just been driven as a normal person would. Shes a veteran this one haha. Do you think shes worth pumping cash into?

And to bizmark, it sounds abit too much hassle to convert to manual. Maybe keep it auto and just up the other mods.