Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New ve ss V8 6.0 auto ute

Johnny616

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss 6.0 v8
I just bought a ve ss V8 6.0 auto ute ,about to do a service it's got 155000 not sure on service history just wondering wat use recommend I do I was gonna do oil, oil filter, diff oil, air filter, any thing else I should do ??

Mp64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Definitely do transmission oil & filter. Probably suss out the spark plugs and leads too, they're due for a change at that mileage (if they haven't been changed already). Also, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and you could throw in a cabin air filter which is often neglected.

Coolant too, but I'd suss out the condition of the radiator hoses first. If in poor condition replace those before doing a coolant change/flush.

Johnny616

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss 6.0 v8
Thanks very helpful

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Diff oil, throttle body clean, PCV clean, transmission (filter if auto), serpentine belt.

Get it up on stands and inspect all bushings, boots, exhaust hangers, brake pads.

Also look for loose nuts and bolts, basically put a spanner on everything you can get to.

As stated above, you really should change everything that has a fluid, and inspect everything else.

Prioritise though, give everything a good inspection and then go from there.

Don't forget to use new washers .