Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VE SV6 II... opinion on wheel size and style

xerxes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II
see thats what i need to figure out, the colour to match the car... and if i go 22s wouldnt it scrape, with extremely low suspensions??

xerxes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II
how bout these rims, 20s

how bout these ones for the sv6???

Attachments

• !B8Y,1)!!mk~$(KGrHqEOKnQEyy7g0Y8sBM23KVIkOg~~_12 (500x491).jpg
    !B8Y,1)!!mk~$(KGrHqEOKnQEyy7g0Y8sBM23KVIkOg~~_12 (500x491).jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 305

xerxes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II
not a lot of effort just on paint to give some idea as to wat it may look like??
tell me wat yous think :)

Attachments

• poison-ivy-metallic-ve-commodore.jpg
    poison-ivy-metallic-ve-commodore.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 2,230

DAZ60L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
difference in look from 22 to 20

I have gone from 22 to 20 and don't regret it ..... The 22 where awesome to look at but drove like **** they always needed balancing ..... The 20 ain't as sexy but drive beautifully and still look great ...... Penrith city discount tyres are the place to go ge has DTM's avanti and heaps of other stuff

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 314
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 365
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 323
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 344

05LVH

Reaction score
Members Ride
5L VH/ V6 VE
mine has the lowest springs available on the market from King springs and 22's, just tucks the rear wheel and front is close. absolutely no scrapping.
my car is lower than what it is in the pics, had superlows fitted for those pics

if you were in Brisbane, i would let you have a drive opf my car with 22's and see how you feel about them.

It all comes down to what you like and what you plan with the car.

Luffnin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Poison Ivy VE SS ute 20" supersports..
maybe this helps.. got pedders sedan springs all round.. supersports... and got rid of the stock rear mufflers.. installed stereo.. more pics in my profile.
hope the link works.

luffnin-albums-ve-ute-picture119251-june-2011.jpg

I live 30 mins from shepparton on country roads and the 20's were a definate good decision

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
The dealer I bought from (Suttons in Homebush) had a demo model on display that had what they called "Custom GTS Leather" which I ended up going for (see pic)

It's got a real nice feel to it, feels durable, and (IMO) looks awesome. They offered just about any colour combination you wanted too, but I went for two tone grey to match the interior/dash + Sizzle logo to match the body :)

Edit: It was ticketed at $300 more than the stock leather option, which I think I got them to ~halve during negotiations among other things.

Love the seats... I wanted to retain the cloth seats and go black leather all round from door trims to center console gear stick and hsv steering wheel would that look wierd?

To the OP 20's they still look good regardless, I want fluxus or sabre rims but the cost of them are insane after and not before you purchase a car thinking of advanti gauntlets in black 20's.