Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VS Ideas

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Just watch out for rust and roof leaks around those screw holes then...I'd be closely scrutinering the hood lining for any evidence of water staining. And make sure you check around the tailgate rubber seal...

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yep duly noted:thumbsup:

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Matty if you're thinking of some body mods for a wagon I may have a genuine HSV Senator front up for sale sometime... I havent decided to sell it just yet though... but I'm currently thinking I should leave my Calais standard...

Last edited:

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
I'll keep it in mind thanks... it does look pretty good but i may end up going a bit low for a big kit...

I'm thinking superlow at front and ultralow at rear... but will measure and check before I do anything, see if there's that much room to move.. yes it is going to be low :p With ultralows at the back and the straight topped wheel arch... it should look pretty mad.

clinster73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
Hey Mattman,
Go the Berlina Wagon for sure, better resale for a start. And go the Botanica of course!!
I like the look of a Wagon when it has been lowered and has 17s on it and nice tint.
The only down side is the roof rack but hey thats how it came out so....
I look back now and wish i bought a wagon as i transport a Mountain Bike around... luckily i can fit the bike in the boot with the middle seat folded down.
Just to keep in mind when it comes to lowering it 'legally'...
The eyebrow height (middle of the wheel to the arch of the guard) for the front wheels is higher than the sedan and lower for the rear for the wagon???
I would of thought it would of been the other way around but anyway here are the measurements:
VS Sedan front 360mm
Rear 350mm

VS wagon front 370mm
Rear 330mm

and it also must have 100mm ground clearance....

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
The difference in the rear would be the different arch, it isn't round like on the sedan, it's more like on the VN/VP sedans.. square across the top.

Looks like the lowering won't be too insane now... been looking and i can't find anyone that makes ultralows for a wagon anyway. So supers all round..

Botanica I'd like.. but i'd be quite happy with blue too.

Last edited:

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
$9k for a berlina wagon with 220k on the clock... yeah right...

I'll keep on looking .. seems to be an impossible search for a decent wagon.

IMPSTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon V6
well i paid $10,000 for my VSII berlina wagon last year with 220,000km on the clock but the market value for them was $13,300 at the time. its not hard to get ultra lows for the back of them. i got ultra lows about a month ago for my wagon. sits pretty much on bump stops at the back now. and also i havent had any problem with the paint cracking or roof leaking because of the roof racks.
cheers mark

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Awesome.. i had a look on the king springs and lovells sites and couldn't find anything about ultralows... sounds like i need shortened bumpstops too... but it is nice to know it's possible.

You got any pics of it lowered?

IMPSTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon V6
Yer i do ill give you the link to my ride web page
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=14556
look at the bottom pictures you can see it sits pretty low but that was when i first put the springs in. they still havnt settled yet they have been in there for about 2 weeks i took them out because i need a adjustable panhard rod but there back in now so ill wait till they have settled and then post up a new pic with them settled. cheers mark