Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Xtreme Clutch problem?

ROLNBG

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 M6
Hey, Just installed The xtreme solid flywheel, kit to my ride, as the old one was RS, however now it is rattly at idle, which goes once you put your foot on the clutch. The main problem though is that in 2nd and 3rd on acceleration there is a **** lound growl/rattle coming from the box, now im aware that replacing the duel mass f/w with a solid one is going to cause these issues, but this bad?? Can some one tell me if this is normal for this conversion?? i also changed the CSC, and the oil with perite SIN 75w90 oil, is this the correct oil for the Asin 6speed? could i dampen it a bit by putting a heavier grade of oil?? anyway id like some advise??, Cheers

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
by replacing with a SMFW you have removed a damper thus the rattling, depending on the qaulity of the install is is worse, mine makes hardly any sound and i have the same clutch.. so i guess it may be slightly noisy.. it is normal

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
rattle at idle is normal, as for in gear under acceleration noise, mine made some in gear noise but it went away after the first half an hour of driving that part doesn't sound normal to me. as i said mine had a bit of noise in each gear but after i put about 50k's on the clutch that disappeared and never returned. mine rattles at idle but is really no loud then stock once in guaged.

ROLNBG

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 M6
I't only does it at in the rev range of 1000rpm to 2000rpm under load in 2nd gear and up...Could it be the oil, what does holden recommend for the 6 speed?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
the oil you used is fine.......

give the clutch a couple hunded km's first and see how you go

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
every holden dealer i've called recommend ATF for the sv6 6spd

ROLNBG

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 M6
just curious, who installed it?

my older brother who is a diesel machanic, he's built his race mini, works at jim reads work shop building top fuel motors. And he rebuilds all the navy boat motors. and my dad helped a little bit who has been a diesel machanic 30 years..

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
every holden dealer i've called recommend ATF for the sv6 6spd

aisin spec is 75w-90 though, so yes it is fine,

dexron111 may allow it to shift better, but it wont protect the gearbox aswell as the 75w-90, ive only every heard holden recommend dex111 in the tremec boxes aswell

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Hey, Just installed The xtreme solid flywheel, kit to my ride, as the old one was RS, however now it is rattly at idle, which goes once you put your foot on the clutch. The main problem though is that in 2nd and 3rd on acceleration there is a **** lound growl/rattle coming from the box, now im aware that replacing the duel mass f/w with a solid one is going to cause these issues, but this bad?? Can some one tell me if this is normal for this conversion?? i also changed the CSC, and the oil with perite SIN 75w90 oil, is this the correct oil for the Asin 6speed? could i dampen it a bit by putting a heavier grade of oil?? anyway id like some advise??, Cheers

How noisy is it?

rattle at idle is normal

What???