Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New.

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
get a vl, there nice

Drifting

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 years old dont own a car yet.
I am 15, I dont have that kind of money.

pempa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL
for $1000 your best bet would be to look on ebay, ive seen some fairly decent vl's, vn/vp's go for under 1000 with rego.. you just have to look every day as there are new cars popping up on there all the time...

Drifting

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 years old dont own a car yet.
Yeah i have been looking on ebay hey, There is some decent one's in the 1k - 2k range, I dunno hey, Once i start working for a few weeks and mum know's i will keep working she will lend me me the rest, After i get my car i wanna get a sub and ****, but i can probably get all that for Free. :)

chrrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Brolina 3.8 Turbo
I'd be more keen to get a half decent vn/vp than pushing for a vr in that money mate.

Yep, alot of parts on the vr tend to be more expensive to replace, not to mention things like the auto box in them are not as reliable as the older non-electronic types found in the vn-vp.

And a vs is pretty much a gutless vr(someones bound to correct me with specsheet figures haha) so dont go there also.

But at the end of the day, look at the models, vn/p/r and decide what one you like the look of best, and then go from there.

VP 5.0 BERLINA

5.0 The only way to go
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BERLINA S2 5.0L
hey man if u look hard u can pick up a decent VP for $1000 i just brought a really tidy VP 5.0L berlina for $1200 but with no reg and needed some tlc but now its nice all up around $2200 to get it cruising so if i can get a V8 for $1000 im sure u will findy a tidy V6 for that price :)

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Yep, alot of parts on the vr tend to be more expensive to replace, not to mention things like the auto box in them are not as reliable as the older non-electronic types found in the vn-vp.

And a vs is pretty much a gutless vr(someones bound to correct me with specsheet figures haha) so dont go there also.

But at the end of the day, look at the models, vn/p/r and decide what one you like the look of best, and then go from there.

As you thought mate, i'll disagree with you there my vs was far from gutless and had much more go than both my mate's vr's..

Ecotec in the vs is 147kw / 130kw in the vr? But either way, this is a bit off topic.

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
i have a great idea, how about not getting a commodore to save on head ****s later on!?