Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

newbie with a 2010 Caprice

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Just saw where the http thingy started and finished the word after the .html
Either tape it down with cloth race tape or use the phone holder from inside your car, suck it to the back.

matt1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice
cool thanks for that. what have u had done? From cat back? extractors? an exhaust place today quoted me $2500 fitted from cat back.. is that expensive?

matt1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice
hmmm he also mentioned about disabling the afm? apparently it runs like crap when it drops to 4 cylinders when u change the setup from cat back..

ANYONE IN ADELAIDE KNOW OF A GOOD PLACE?

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
as pirate said matt,your quote is excessive.the extractors from pacemakers were on when I bought the car however I have the receipt from previous owner and he paid 850 installed in victor harbor which was high in itself,the cats are still the original ones, the rest of the system is easy to install yourself if you have access to a hoist or are able to get underneath easily,i got my done by carline here in murray bridge and was able to help peter install the catbacks then the last section that goes over the diff,my rear muffler/resonator was deleted and just have straight through 2.5in pipes running through,these 2 sections are redback and cost 450 installed,so all up was 1400,the price depends on the system you get,whether it be a single system or twin system [one each side]lol

where abouts are you located in the city,lonsdale down south is probably the cheapest place to get it done

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
yes the afm has to be disabled if you install extractors,there are a few posts on here relating to this,just do a search,something should pop up
the best bet for you I think would be to contact naaf [not a abba fan],he is the expert exhaust guru on here,he can send the system to you as well-lol

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
The best sound I've ever heard comes with no drone guarantee, by a local company KPM:
[video=youtube_share;Ve1qKvUTOdk]http://youtu.be/Ve1qKvUTOdk[/video]
This is 1 3/4 headers and 2.5" like mine:
[video=youtube_share;kUuJi3O85hQ]http://youtu.be/kUuJi3O85hQ[/video]
I had to modify my cheap pipe a fair bit to get a balance of high performance, quiet no drone cabin, and muffled AFM for day after day high speed cruising.
I am in Tanunda for most of vintage if you want to hookup and go over some things, but talk to KPM.

matt1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice
I am not going extractors. only cat back so wasnt too sure whym i had to disable the afm... im near gawler... lol

matt1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice
that would be great pir4te