Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nick’s Red VZ SS, Manual, Red Leather

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Thanks mate, I do love your car, and the plan was to get mine looking pretty similar! Haha
I’ve actually looked into some supersports, the local tyre place is actually selling exact copies to suit pre VE’s for $1700 with tyres fitted and balanced.

Just painted one brake calliper red to see if I like it.

Also found a real cheap set of VZ Monora / VZ SSZ wheel, still just 18’s but I really like the look of them, they have a fair bit of gutter rash, some people just aren’t great drivers hey? Anyway, going to give them a respray.

As expected, the ride is a little harsher with the new springs, but not too bad, but would putting 20inch rims on it make it much worse?

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS + VY exec + Vs wagon
The new wheels do look better. 20' rims will effect the ride quality a bit, but its still fairly comfortable (my car is anyway). Not sure about vic but in SA you can get genuine supersports with decent tread for around $1500. Be careful with non-genuine wheels, they have a reputation of cracking or even splitting in two whilst driving..

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
I’ll keep a look out for some genuine Supersports then.

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Love it!! Those red with red interiors are rare as too ...

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Yeah, I really wanted one with red interior, so pretty happy I found this one in such good condition!

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Looks good mate, I Love the SSZ/Monaro wheels. I'm looking for a set myself :) I almost bought A VZ SS series 1 exactly the same as this, but it was pretty expensive and the yard wouldn't budge on the price. 2 months ago 6speed red Stock as a rock except tow bar. with 60k on the clock they wouldn't budge from 20k Even when i offered 17k cash that day.

Made me very frustrated. Really like my car But a red VZ SS would have made my day especially red!

Must go pretty fast :p

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
I’ve always wanted a red V8 manual, so I’m pretty happy with it!
It does feel pretty quick to me. The only other car I’ve had is an EF XR6, I used the think that was pretty fast, but 164kw with a 4 speed auto doesn’t quite throw you back in your seat as much as a 250kw manual! :yeah:

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Yeah, I've had v6 Commodores, and my first v8 was a burnout car that only got driven a couple of times.

When i first got my SS, My cousin took me for a ride in his new vs caprice thinking it went alright, took him for a ride in mine and you really do sink into the seats and goes. Love driving the manuals at work. Although they can get pretty nasty sounding gearbox's I've found :(

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Painted a couple of my stockies gloss black to see if I liked black wheels on my car.

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
What ever camera you used for those last photos, it's waaayyy better than the other camera lol. Looks sexy as, but stay with silver in my opinion!