Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nicks VR

redvs2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged Vs, VY ss ute, rodeo daily
hey nick just having another look thru your thread cus god i love this car.... and i noticed the pictures of when you painted your calipers a while ago before the big brake upgrade. were those rotors rda rotors? if so how did you find them? cus im looking at getting rda slotted as they're alot cheaper than dba and i dont have the cash atm for a full brake upgrade like you did

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Thanks for the comments guys. I don't like see that car all smashed up but what can you do.

redvs2 - the rotors I used were all DBA rotors. They were a good rotor and helped under hard braking. But the new ones out do them easily.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Got a bit done today the front end was stripped and the suspension done too. All the A/c lines taken out also.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Not much of an update.

Got another 80ltr tank ( the car has been resting on the one in it) and bought some new tank straps for it too. This had IRS mine is live axle, one of the straps is different but I though I'd get both of them. Also needed another K-Frame as you can see from the pics below the one in the car is damaged from the impact. Just gotta clean up the tank, repaint it and the straps then do the same with the K-Frame. Might get the frame powder coated so it's a bit more hard wearing than paint. Unless 2K paint will be ok then I might get it painted.

Engine is still in the car hopefully I'll get time this weekend to rip it out.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Goood work mate!!!! Can't wait to see a 5litre in your beast. Got to chuck some serious updates on here as you go.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
yeowww dont forget red engine covers for the 5lt :yeah: :thumbsup:

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Hey Nick just wondering where you got the 80 ltr tank from? I'm trying to find one for mine
Found a guy wrecking a VR 5ltr and it had the larger tank in it (as all 5ltr's do) . Then I just bought the live axle straps as the ones he had were for IRS.

Goood work mate!!!! Can't wait to see a 5litre in your beast. Got to chuck some serious updates on here as you go.

If anything happens it will get updated on. You guys will be up to speed with everything.

yeowww dont forget red engine covers for the 5lt :yeah: :thumbsup:

Got some VT engine covers to go on. Not painting them red though, I think it would be too much for the engine bay.

beautiful car man. what did you use for the mesh behind the grilles?

I just went to autobarn (ages ago) and bought the chrome mesh they sell. I have painted it metallic grey though as the chrome looked crap and didn't suit the car after the respray.

Thanks for the comments guys, I will keep you updated as things happen.

makz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S3 3.8 V6
Clean as! only thing i dislike is the crystal lights, not a fan :)