Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No caliper paint in rattle can anywhere in stock

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Has anyone noticed that no popular auto accessory parts supplier in Australia has caliper or engine paint in stock and it been like this before Christmas ….looks like any paint that has ceramic in it to take heat in black silver etc in rattle cans is on the shelf anywhere in popular brands VHT or Dupicolor ….what’s happened?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Not to you maybe ………but I use that paint a lot and it was plentiful on the shelf everywhere but it’s disappeared …no massive enquiry …just wondered if anyone knew why .

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What!
I need some in a few months!
I’ll start keeping an eye out. If I see any, I’ll buy it.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
It's available here but not plentiful like it used to be. Bare bones stock seems to be the name of the game, across the board

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Has anyone noticed that no popular auto accessory parts supplier in Australia has caliper or engine paint in stock and it been like this before Christmas ….looks like any paint that has ceramic in it to take heat in black silver etc in rattle cans is on the shelf anywhere in popular brands VHT or Dupicolor ….what’s happened?

I had a similar experience in Melbourne. I couldn’t find VHT caliper paint (900F version) in black anywhere. However, I was down in Lakes Entrance one weekend and popped in to the local independent auto parts shop and they had it on the shelf. I immediately purchased a can.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Have you tried a auto paint supplier?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think it's a materials supply issue. I experienced this with 2k thinners last year. The local paint manufacturers couldn't get the materials to produce the product as a lot of it is mined overseas and is in short supply.