Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Dash!!!

V

VKnVLCalais

Hi guys, replaced my ignition barrel on on vk calais. through my frustration prior to solution. my dash stopped lighting up. I have checked the fuses, they seem fine. all wiring looks connected, looks fine. the lights under the dash work, blinkers, Headlight indicator, etc. But the trip computer, tacho, speed, etc doesnt work. any ideas on where to start looking to solve this problem? :b:

Genesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E Station Wagon
Retrace your steps. My guess is you disconnected something near the ignition barrel that you forget to reconnect. I know that sounds obvious, but if you retrace every step you made, you're almost guaranteed to find the problem.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Pull out your instrument cluster sounds like you have loosened a plug on the back of your cluster, maybe if you were pulling on wiring a little too hard :)

Else check the 2 big white plugs at the base of your steering column and make sure they are both plugged in.

cheers
Scott

V

VKnVLCalais

genisis, i have looked under the steering column, everything looks fine, ive pressed all connectors firmly together. thanks for ur idea though. i thought maybe someone may know of a hidden fuse, or wire. ive sine taken the dash out, everything is connected fine.

Genesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E Station Wagon
On my VC, there are two earth terminals in the steering column.

Does it make a difference what they are plugged into, or do they both lead to earth?

V

VKnVLCalais

vkberlina, ill check again but im sure i pressed them all together. it would have to be something that simple wouldnt it, since it was working fine till i fiddled with the shite underneath.

C

Corbin83

Check the dimmer switch.. might be something come askew there. I know with mine I used to have to fiddle with it to get it to work, it was stuffed, lol.

speedotom

Auto Instrument Repairer
Reaction score
Website
www.clubmud.com.au
Members Ride
2003 V2 CV8-R MONARO
I'll put my money on the dimmer switch. There is a couple of wire connected to it, or it just could be faulty, you have to wriggle it.