Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Dish!!!

oikurtman

Reaction score
wheel track and bearings

what was that about wheel bearings?...they seriously get rooted if u throw out your track width???

According to the RTA and auto engineers, yes. In reality, whether it really is a drama may be a different story, but they obviously made the law for a reason; the law being (in NSW) that you may increase your track width by no more than 25mm over standard. :bang:

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
ahhhhh ok then...makes sense really...stupid cars not being made tough enough to stand a wee bit of fatening...grrr...

ah well, might be a reason why theres only plain offset wheels geting around then...i have seen some nice ones so yeah either way i'll be happy, just would have loved the in your face dish that so many ricers flaunt...

and3rs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive V6
the first thing i noticed when i put my rims on was my steering wheel is way offset, ive got to steer to the right a bit the keep the wheels straight... why would this be? a wheel alighnment should fix it though

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Road camber... the smaller the profile of the tyre, the more the road camber will influence the cars steering....

Though get a alignment neways... only 60 bux of sumfin...

vtsuperchargedboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT supercharged
DUBS have a deep dish rim and i think you can get it repatterened to suit a commodore

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
u physically cant get a dished rim under ur guard! when i say dished, im talking 2inch or more.. and not the reverse dish either (starts at the mount point, and dishes toward the inner guard).. look at i think VN up to now, the front wheel studs are mostly level with the outta guard. so if u did get a nice dished rim, it will stick outside the guards like dogsballs. plus u'd go over the 25mm trackwidth law.. im not 100% sure if it does screw ur wheel bearings, but the law is made for safety reasons..

Umai Naa!! : jus becoz u have run them without dramas doesnt mean its not illegal! ;)