Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No power at ECU in VE

Discussion in 'Electrical Wiring / Questions' started by VE clubby, Apr 9, 2018.

1. VE clubby

VE clubby New Member

Members Ride:
    VE clubsport
    Yeah I thought that might be the case, I did notice yesterday afternoon though that since I’ve put that wire from pin 86 on the power train relay to ground I’m now getting a code on the dash “engine immobilised”. Code wasn’t there before.
    So if I can get someone out to clear this code now while it’s up do you think that could potentially power all the other fuses again?

2. VT2Commie

VT2Commie Member

Members Ride:
    VT2 Clubsport R8
  3. VE clubby

VE clubby New Member

Members Ride:
    VE clubsport
    So today’s update,
    I’ve just borrowed an ecu from my mate that owns a local wreckers, plugged it into my car and I now have power at my ecu and ignition fuses. There are still a few fuses without power but I’m thinking this is just because this ecu will be locked to a different car as it is still throwing the immobiliser code on my dash.
    So once I replace the ecu and get my tuner out here with his laptop to clear the immobiliser code fingers crossed all is good.

4. VT2Commie

VT2Commie Member

Members Ride:
    VT2 Clubsport R8
    Nice !! Well not a desirerable outcome but found what the cause was, hopefully all good after the ECU replacement.:cool:

5. VT2Commie

VT2Commie Member

Members Ride:
    VT2 Clubsport R8
    Just ONE other thing I noticed going over all this again, I mentioned it in my first post, in this pic.......
    FuseboxTelltales.jpg
    The fusebox has two telltales or "markers" that show you wheather or not the the plugs beneath the fuse panel are correctly and FULLY seated or screwed in the right amount.

The attached pic (I have circled them in orange), shows the lower telltale (or righthand one if standing at the front of the engine bay) is showing that the fuse panel is not fully home in the fuse box.

The upper (or lefthand one if standing at the front of the engine bay) looks like it is in the correct amount.

Cross threading of the fuse panel screws may cause this which in turn causes connection issues.

Just thought i would mention that.
    I would be checking this first before going off to get a new ECM.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 10:31 PM