Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no power to amps

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
hi all ive just hooked up my amps (kicker zx750.1 powering 2 12" kicker cvrs.. jl audio 300/4 powering 2 sets of polk audio mm651)

my problem is when i first tuned the ignition i had no power to either amps so moved the wire around on the battery terminal and viola power to both amps and everything working well except my subs wernt going although there was power to the amp and was on,

so i unplugged the battery terminal to try sort out the subs and when i connect the terminal again no power ive moved the power to 3 diff points on the terminal but none seem to be giving me power

i have no idea what is going on the fuses are not blown and there was power b4 so why not now?

any help pls

ps i have a 300amp fuse near the battery and a 100amp fuse from distro block to jl audio amp im going to change the fuses to lower amp fuses on the wknd as i only need a 120amp near the battery and 40 amp b4 the jl audio amp but these are the fuses that came with my wiring kits so yer, and i dont have or have access to a volt meter either

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
Remote wire hooked up correctly?
Amps earthed to a solid ground point? (and paint sratched off)
Could be a short in either power or remote wires.
And about no sound coming from the subs.. Are the RCA's defiantly plugged in.. if so they could be faulty, broken or could be a short in them too..
I assume you have a fuse on the power wire near the battery, check the fuse is touching the terminals.

Best thing i can suggest other than buying a volt meter and circuit tester, would be take everything out of the car and try and wire it up outside and test everything works.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Use a multimeter or test light and measure the power before the main fuse holder and after the main fuse holder.

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
thnks for the comments but i shuda neva posted on here as it was something so stupid i cnt beleive i didnt figure it out..

the new head unit goes in2 demo mode when i turn the ignition and in turn is technically on so its not sending a signal to the amps 2 turn on when it does this so once you actually put on the radio or chuck in a cd/hook up ipod etc viola amps turn on lol

and yer the subs r goin now it was the rcas musta been when i jammed the head unit in

thnks heaps anywais