Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NON-Genuine holden Rims???

matsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS UTE
Hey im looking for some new wheels, i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with replica holden wheels, whether they are good, bad, safe.. etc.. Would like to hear what everyone thinks, thanks.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Hey im looking for some new wheels, i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with replica holden wheels, whether they are good, bad, safe.. etc.. Would like to hear what everyone thinks, thanks.

What kind of wheels are you after? You can get a set of VY SS wheels on eBay for around $400, or VZ SS wheels for around $600. VE wheels are probably a bit more, why would you want replicas?

matsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS UTE
Say if i was looking for 19's.. (pentagons, ve gts's).. the price is drastically different when comparing genuine to the replicas.. i'm not looking for 18" holden rims im looking at the hsv's

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
You can get brand new genuine GMH or HSV wheels from Wheel King for a fairly good price. I bought my VY Sigs off them for $2300. I got a quote from Holden and they said $1000 each.

matsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS UTE
You can get brand new genuine GMH or HSV wheels from Wheel King for a fairly good price. I bought my VY Sigs off them for $2300. I got a quote from Holden and they said $1000 each.

Still, there's sets of replica Sigs with tyres on ebay for say, $1800 Just wondering if they're too good to be true.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Have a search on here for a thread called genuine v non genuine and have a look at the picture halfway down.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
The thread about replicas and genuines is scary i would never touch replics again.. Genuine ftw!!

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Still, there's sets of replica Sigs with tyres on ebay for say, $1800 Just wondering if they're too good to be true.

These are replicas:

sigs1.jpg

I was going to advertise my VY Sigs (Genuine) around $1800 - $2000, but I was going to polish them up first.

matsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS UTE
Have a search on here for a thread called genuine v non genuine and have a look at the picture halfway down.

just Read that whole thread, now im scared out of it haha. Although there is a few people saying they haven't had a problem with their replicas. hmm but yeah i might try find a set of 2nd hand replicas in good condition. I'm most likely going to get them powdercoated in black so a few scratches shouldnt be a problem

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
I swear they should ban replica wheels...