Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Non-posters.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
in regards to aa23's remark's about making it so guest's can see a little bit of the forum, yes, it can be done, it is possible for us to do that

the point that topic's are replyed to quickly is also a good thing, 9 times out of 10 the reply's are straight to the point, and are alway's on the ball
we have got a few member's (names will not be mentioned) who join up to the site, and do actualy only go to the for sale section and think they can trade stuff on this site, well, good on them. as for the time frame before posting in the for sale section, that can be done, (if i remember) but we arnt willing to put restrictions on member's like it has been said, if it's a good deal, i want it to be sold here straight away, if it's a crapy item, people just wont buy it

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
I agree with Gobbles about the whole signing up just to sell your crap problem.

However - not everyone is into the whole Forum/Message Board thing!

I think it would be wrong to just start cancelling accounts just because they only want to look at the galleries or info and stuff.

R

Robbie

QUOTE (MYSS94 @ Mar 11 2004, 08:20 AM) I think it would be wrong to just start cancelling accounts just because they only want to look at the galleries or info and stuff.
Agreed,

What can a member do that a geust can't? They can't veiw the forums can they?

D

death-from-above

I dunno about you guys but i wont usually buy stuff from a forum unless the poster has made a few posts so i can assure im not getting dodged.

Thats assuming the poster is interstate, because even if you COD it you cannot open the package to check what it is before you pay for it. For all i know it could be paper wrapped up and put into a envelope.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with those who say deactivating accounts isn't the answer, I've drafted a simple reminder saying that we've noticed they haven't posted in the last 28 days and we'd love to see them back. That way inactive members have a choice, rather than attempting to sign in one day only to find a deactivated account. Some people aren't very climatised with the net. For some of us it's a fairly new culture; while for others it's just second nature. What I'm getting at is alot of members probably sign up a little fearful of posting then simply forget the site exists.

It's active members we want but there's a right and wrong way to go about getting them.

On the topic of people signing up, pedaling their wares then disappearing in the deep blue nowhere. I agree totally, members should have at least 20 posts before being able to advertise items for sale. It works in a few ways

- When active members are genuinely interested one time posters often don't return PM's and waste peoples time.
- Slows illegitimate items being sold and members being ripped off
- And also keeps our member base active which we ultimately want....

Remember that Just Commodores is a site which offers input and assistance first, we aren't the trading post. We're ultimately a community not a business

Cheers

Jake

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry about the book of a reply Have the shits so I got passionate about JC's

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
Nothing wrong with that Jake!

Yeah, i think the reminder is good idea!

S

sands

Some people might be a bit scared or weary about the net, give them time

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Invision doesn't have the ability to send out to non-posters although vBulletin certainly does. I have run through a test mailout which appears to work without any problems.

I can certainly action this request as it can only have a positive impact on the amount of active users.

Great idea Jake!