Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not another CAS problem (hopefully)

gw0071

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim V6
The ABS electrical receptacle is facing upwards so it's the perfect water/moisture trap. I removed the electrical connector and there were signs of contamination. I cleaned the connector with isopropyl alcohol and reseated it numerous times to ensure all spades/lugs were making good contact

It's been about 10days and the engine is showing no signs of stall/surge/knock

Please keep in mind that if left unaddressed, the moisture in the electrical connector may transfer into the ABS module and effect the internal circuitry (solder joints) which will require its replacement. This may cause various dash warnings/aurals, high indicated engine temps, continuously running thermo fans, no TRAC/PWR and auto transmission sticking in gear

I have previous swapped out the module with a recondition exchange unit to solve this but did not on this occasion as I was not getting any of these faults

The module is an electrical interface with the ABS hydraulic manifold so does not require any disturbance of brake system plumbing

A troublesome component indeed. Hope this helps you

Stef-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx 02' + 97 vt commodore
Thank you, very helpful. Hopefully now I'll be able to fix this issue before it gets any worse because so far it's stalled but haven't had any knocking yet. I'll definitely be checking that as the first thing.