Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not just another Atlas grey VN SS

V2 Blower Kit or Turbo Kit? You decide!

• V2 Cooled SC Kit

Votes: 66 54.1%
  • Cooled Turbo Kit (Size TBA)

Votes: 56 45.9%

• Total voters

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
what cam have you got? car looks awesom! and brakes they look bigger

Thanks mate. It has a Crow 4649 which is their biggest Hyd Cam they offer for the 5ltr. The brakes do look a little bigger i plan to get slotted rotors when the v2 is goin in.

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
looks bloody nuts ay big fan of the VN SS im really really considering buying one ay just need the cash and itll be sitting in the garage :yeah:

very very nice car mate :thumbsup:

Cheers. Yea good idea man, try to find a 5 speed... I couldnt :( its been in the shed for the last year and abit. Iv only done 2tho k's in the 18 odd months ive owned it. Il try to keep the k's low.

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks really good mate. Does it state that you have to do an emissions test? Cos I was under the impression that they don't do emissions tests unless there is good reason for it. If they need to test the exhaust then they do a db reading and thats it usually. I don't know but that was my understanding. Keep up the good work.

Thanks mate. Yea its written on the form "emission test results to supplied at next inspection" They dont do the emission test themselves however, i have to go to a credited workshop that can do it.
As soon as i rolled in for the inspection all the techs just starting shaking their heads lol. I passed the db with a singe 3" system and some plates but it just idles too rough, they knew. They told me that any non-standard item fitted be it throttle bodies ect will need an emission test to "comply"....It Sucks!

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Oh ok, that sucks. Let us know what workshop they do it at and how much it costs them to do it.

Commyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
car
Looks good Dan, we will have to get some photos of our cars togther some time.

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
I had a inspection last thursday at Pedders and they found that the front springs werent trapping properly. So im going back there this thursday to replace them. This will also jack the front up 25mm which should also fix the defect for the exhaust to ground clearance.... i hope.

flyen

bye bye
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Cheers. Yea good idea man, try to find a 5 speed... I couldnt :( its been in the shed for the last year and abit. Iv only done 2tho k's in the 18 odd months ive owned it. Il try to keep the k's low.

bit hard to get the k's up wile its defected;)

this has to be one of the nicest vn ss's around
huge potential, pity about the defect

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers mate. It wont be defected for ever!... Everything is going well atm... should be on the road with the blower legally by August with the interior done also.