Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not much oil coming up push rods / inconsistent oil flow | on freshly rebuilt ecotec

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Thanks for the ideas man:D
I don't really have money laying around for me to get a lab test on the oil, however the sparkles are magnetic
The top and bottom was rebuilt,
I don't know what the problem is yet but after a bit of thought don't think its the lifters spinning as the motor still runs great, no noises and the only reason I found the problem was by luck because I was repainting the rocker covers :rolleyes:
oil filter is new and I ditched the old one before I found the problem.. unlucky, I should have looked at the old one anyway because new motor, guess I got too excited.
Oil test is like $35......Was the engine rebuilt for performance or cause something failed in it previously ? Doubt you would be kicking up old metal. Would of drained out the last time. All the best anyway :)

SammalTheMammal

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX S1 3.8 NA Equipe
Oil test is like $35......Was the engine rebuilt for performance or cause something failed in it previously ? Doubt you would be kicking up old metal. Would of drained out the last time. All the best anyway :)
Oh ok I didn't realize it was that cheap. I may do one then.
It was rebuilt completely standard with big ends, crankshaft and bore resized. because one of the old owners severely overheated it causing the pistons to shrink 15 thousandths of an inch when they cooled down, causing piston slap...
And yes after inspection the metal is different from the old stuff and there's way too much coming up the push rods to be leftover I think.
Thank you. Any much ideas will be much appreciate. I hope to start pulling the engine apart soon, cleaning up the shed atm lol.