Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NOW Booked, now the wating game

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
Hey guys

after deciding for a couple of months I finally went ahead and book for cam + extractors with high flow cats, and full retrimmed leather interior :)

question....should I also get a rip shiffer done, is it worth doing??

im hoping to pull about 320rwkw so as you can tell its not going to be highly modified car..

what made me decide to go head was at the Holden show on sunday at dande :) (very good show and nice cars, it was my first time)

so 4 weeks from now it should be all done :) :)

im hoping il be happy with the mods, as most people are

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Don't kid yourself, 320rwkw will be no slouch. In my opinion, a RipShifter is well worth the outlay.

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
yeah I thought 320 would be average.. tell you the truth I have no clue wat im in for, iv never been in a modifield VE or any Holdens lol.... well im hoping il be happy

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Well your V8 in stock form is pulling about 220rwkw so.... ~50% more power! You'll be lighting up the tyres into 3rd if you don't learn to ease into it.
Get the ripshifter, do the mods justice.

Crumbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
yeah I thought 320 would be average.. tell you the truth I have no clue wat im in for, iv never been in a modifield VE or any Holdens lol.... well im hoping il be happy

if your not happy, I'll buy your cam and extractors off you :p

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
with pulling this much more power, can the diff and gear box give way considering its not driven like it was stolen lol...My mech is confident that il be ok if I look after it

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
with pulling this muach more power, can the diff and gear box give way considering its not driven like it was stolen lol...My mech is confident that il be ok if I look after it

Your diff and gear box will be fine. While adding another 80rwkw sounds like a lot. There's plenty of cars making a lot more power with stock drive trains being driven like it was stolen and still holding up fine.

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
with pulling this much more power, can the diff and gear box give way considering its not driven like it was stolen lol...My mech is confident that il be ok if I look after it

It will be fine, I have 11 second VE ute with factory clutch and box and only buggered the diff limited slip side of things running 29inch drag slicks.

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
ahh that's good to know it will hold :) iv decided il get the rip shifter.. hate this waiting game :(..

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
You could always try Hungry Hungry Hippos instead.

Last edited: