Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Now it stalls in drve without the aircon on!

Jock

Reaction score
Yesterday I posted about my vp auto stalling with the aircon on in drive. Thanks for the replies. I was about to investigate the answers today but guess what? Now it stalls when in drive whether the air con is on or not. If I can get going , by starting in neutral and putting some revs on I can pull it into drive and off we go. Come off the throttle for a roundabout or lights and it stalls again. I think something is wrong with the idle speed control as it is a bit slow and lumpy when in park or neutral anyway.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a manual and a space to work (and luckily enough another car)
Jock

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
It's possible that your AirCon pulley could be shagged to the point where the clutch is still somewhat engaged and causing resistance when off. It's hard to say - but given that your AirCon spawned this problem, it's quite possible that this is the case.

Easiest way to tell, would be to take off your serpentine belt, and spin the AirCon compressor wheel around. Tell me how hard it is to turn - it should spin freely.