Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NRG 400 almost complete

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Wow, looks great, well done.
What car is the dash out of?

aven

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
spec list up in my garage.

Last edited:

aven

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
Hey dgp thanks, I wrote a reply but it must not have posted. I originally had a custom fiberglass made but it was crappy. Ive seen vn,vr,vs vt, dashes in vk's and was told wrx fits easy but I wanted to be different I measured my wifes mazda 6 and it was spot on for length but not for width the dash I chose was from an integra because the cluster arch leans back the mazda leans forwards.it was a lot of cut and paste to fit and still not elite show quality but will satisfy the rwc.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
You have done a great job, thanks.

aven

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
Update, hey all I thought I would get a engineer around to check it over before I went for road worthy and mod plates. he was happy with all but needed foam on roll cage, ive now done, also needed a charcoal canister setup should arrive today I hope. But I dodged a bullet while under the car checking exhaust system noticed play in the tail shaft. the next day I pulled it out and found the u joint was wrecked all bearings were crushed and all shafts had been flattened this was from two engines ago I gave the 383 chev a run down the quarter mile before I pulled it out, guess the spicer u joints couldn't handel 550hp or at least I should have used a girdle in stead of retainers to spread the load better, anyway just about to put a new strange u joint and moroso girdle today and as I said dodged a bullet!!