Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NRL Thread

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Why can't The Bunker rule onf forward passes ? :mad:
They can rule on fingertip touches, blade of grass groundings, extreme slow motion knock-ons of 2mm, obstructions 15 metres from the play to deny what appears to be a legitimate Try, and anything else.

Broncos are the experts on forward passes .......... 2 > 3 metre blatant pass followed by another 1 metre forward pass, then Try ! o_O FFS.
Excuse > the touch ref was 15 metres behind the play and could not keep up.
Thankfully, it did not alter the end result, but just another kick in the nuts for the Warriors, which would have an on-field morale effect..

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/oth...166076c36bc4390bfbd31b62de61155&ei=46#image=1

Well, well .............. now they are going to look at changing The Bunker's rule to check on forward passes.

If the game is now too fast for the officials, go back to the 2 on-field refs, which was OK until they returned to 1 ref due to COVID restrictions, or increase the number of touch refs to 4 so they only have to adjudicate on half the length of the field.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
OH , Wow , Penrith were done with 20 minutes to go .
What a come back !!!!

Take out who you support ,both the AFL and NRL Grand Finals in 2023 have been the best/closest entertainment nail biters !!!!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I didn't care who won, it was great game. The speed it was played at was incredible.

The NRLW Knights done good, back to back Grand Final winners in another close game. :)

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
People are saying Luai isn't worth more money than 850k, well here in the nation's capital we need a 5/8 and we offered Jack 1.1 a year from memory.
Luai could make 1m easy at the Raiders we probably would give him 1.2m, and it's not a massive drive away from Penrith, in fact he could catch a sea plane to Sydney haha.
Also Jayden Sullivan might be moving from the dragons, The dragons would pay good money for Luai, If the dragons could get Luai and a good 7 with Ben Hunt at 9 they could have a good spine for a year or two.

Just my thoughts, also I think the tigers have been on a spending spree and don't have much cash in the bank.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
That ref in the Wigan vs Penrith game, not biased at all. We host St hellens and give them a fair game, then this crap.
I'm a Raiders supporter but **** me that was poor refereeing.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
So who is going to watch the Vegas round?

Raiders came third in the pre season challenge, with a mostly young 2nd grade side, unlike other teams running heaps of top 30 players.
We couldn't sign any big names, so it left us with only one choice, a rebuild, once Whitehead, Rapana and Papalihi retire this young side will be our team.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Manley is looking good, they better hope Turbo lasts longer than this game though haha.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Well I couldn't think of a better outcome, Souths and Brisbane both lost.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
So Spencer Leniu called Ezra Mam a monkey allegedly. Well it's been called a racial slur by the NRL, does that mean a white player can't call another white player whitey? or two black players can't call each other the N word?
I'm pretty sure in pop culture if two african guys call each other the N word it's perfectly acceptable. I know Spencer and Ezra are not of the eaxct same race, but would they not both be counted as black individuals?
Or do Pacific Islanders get counted as something other than black? What about Cook Islanders? which Islander does and where is the boundary of being black? or do we have to bring out the tint meter?

I think it is setting a dangerous precedent if they charge Spencer with a racial slur.
Or do they ban the word monkey from being used against anyone? I remember me and my mates would slur each other with that word non racially, why now has it become such a bad thing to say?
Or is it just if a black man gets offended that it is a slur regardless of the actual word spoken? then how black does the man have to be? again dangerous precedents are being invoked here, again do we bring out the tint meter?

Just some thoughts on the matter.