Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NSW P Plate list is out

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
That's terrible.

I feel really sorry for the poor peeps who's family car is a S/C, Turbo or V8, who'll have to go by a Jap Crap to conform.

Secki

Reaction score
Website
www.australianlawenforcement.com.au
Members Ride
VH Wagon SLX 253
i say tough titties, they got used to it in melbourne, they can here too! it looks like my sister can still drive my VT SS 5.0 if need be as its not the "High Performance" V8! correct if im wrong though! i wouldmt let her near ir anyway

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
MoSkA said:
That's terrible.

I feel really sorry for the poor peeps who's family car is a S/C, Turbo or V8,
who'll have to go by a Jap Crap to conform.

apperantly if you have 1 family car and its a V8, S/C or turbo then you can drive it.
so if me and mum sell our cars, i can then drive my stepdads VY SS:yeah:

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Secki said:
i say tough titties, they got used to it in melbourne, they can here too! it looks like my sister can still drive my VT SS 5.0 if need be as its not the "High Performance" V8! correct if im wrong though! i wouldmt let her near ir anyway

Correct me if I am wrong but in melbourne haven't they got a power to weight ration rather than outright ban of v8's? I know a few Melbournians who bought heavy ass statos so they could still own a v8.

M

mara

yup vic roads got power to weight ratio

its 125KW per tonne

soo im safe in my 5ltr stato

Secki

Reaction score
Website
www.australianlawenforcement.com.au
Members Ride
VH Wagon SLX 253
yeha i knew they had some sort of restriction, i still dotn think can have a Gen 3 though to powerfull, but the 5.0 in VT onwards should be ok, the Pre VT models were lighter so more power to wieght

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
I've read through the list so let me get this straight: I've just got my P's and if I were to drive a 4.2L V8 VB Commodore pumping out a whopping 115kW stock I would be a menace to society. But, put me in a 190kW V6 Alloytec VZ commodore and I'm suddenly a much safer driver. :confused:

Thank God I live in Vic where sanity prevails and the power to weight ratio is used.

mitch01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX exec. ser.1
haha - Good point Demons1964. What a Joke. I think the whole thing is treating the symptoms rather than the cause. My first car was a heavily modified twin turbo 300ZX putting out nearly 300kW ATW, and in 3 years never had an accident.
I think it comes down to maturity and responsibility with younger drivers and this is what the government should be looking at. Any immature 17 year old can still be a wank and do 150k/hr in a camry....

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Maturity is a big factor. I drive my bro's VX sometimes (quiet often now) and it's a real culture shock when you go into a S/C VX from a 4.1 Crossflow power-less F**D.
It may not be a 300rwkw car but it's got some power behind it and you can do some mean **** through the back streets, but I think too much about damaging the car and the cost of petrol to be hooning around, I hoon around more in the F**D (25rwkw).