Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Number Plate bracket for bar Lights.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
I've got this light bar mount fitted to my SSVR. It was made by Total 4x4 in Bayswater, WA. I believe they're a custom made item. Exactly the same unit as fitted to WA Police fleet Commodores with LED light bars. I tried to get the best photos I could given it was night time. The bracket fits between the slots in the front bumper and secured to the aluminium bar. There is also a bracket the goes from the bottom of the bracket behind the number plate to support the weight on light bar. It's all really secure and takes the weight of Vision X unit easily with no noticeable movement. Fitted it cost about $120-.

Gucci and others....got a quote from 4x4 WA for the bracket....they want $225 for the fabricated light bar bracket as in installed on the WA Police cars....it is a different type bracket as you have shown....it goes through the slots in the grill but further up than yours and does not interfere with the number plate at all....the number plate stays as is.

I looked at the Stedi light bar 3003 2.5Kgs. which gives both spot and side illumination which seems to be ok from there pickies but you never can tell whether the light pattern is true or false....they supply a plug and play wiring for the high beam....but it is not supplied with the H9 fitting for the high beam fitting on the VF...only H2 andH7 fittings which seem to be for 4x4's in other words you would have to splice the wires in which could be a hassle with the high beam wiring with limited space.

Had a look at the H9 phillips 100 watt replacement bulb in lieu of the 65 watt...but from all accounts it seems to have drawbacks regarding heat and resetting the headlight fitting so as not to blind other drivers and obtain a good spread of light on the road.

So all in all the bar light is the way to go with a H9 plug and play ( if available from any supplier ) providing somebody can come up with a solution for attachment for a strong light bracket but not for $225.

See picture they sent from 4x4 WA below.

Attachments

• WA Police4.jpg
    WA Police4.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
splice the wires in which could be a hassle with the high beam wiring with limited space.

We fitted Deutsch connectors onto my high beam wire so there's plenty of room to splice, etc

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Home again after 8000kms.

Thought I'd report back on the Narva Explora lightbar.

All in all I'm very happy with it. Fills in the space between car and high beam limit nicely.

I used 2 x M6 countersunk bolts, 2 x guard washers and 2 x nyloc nuts to mount the frame.

Using the countersunk bolts allows the number plate to sit flush against the mounting surface.

The mounting frame sits a few mm lower than existing number plate so any holes drilled for cable/attachment are hidden behind number plate when lightbar removed.

As a by the by, Repco Fathers Day cattle dog has that lightbar and mounting frame for $130

Cost me $229 from Autobarn a few weeks ago, so good saving for anyone interested.