Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

O ring at back of belt tensioner?

Kyra90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute
yeah sure, I'll try and get a photo up tomorrow = )

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Awesome, stuff like that makes it 100x easier to diagnose problems :)

Kyra90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute
attachment.php

This bolt is where the coolant appears to be coming from

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
That doesn't seem right. From memory that bolt is only there to hold in the Power Steering pump bracket. Don't hold me to that though, just trying to remember when I pulled down my VT ecotec.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Cheers.[/QUOTE] ***i wouldnt use it *but thats me*** ive found when ive had issues with the cooling syst in all of my cars ***that if its done write with as new *or new parts** the 1st time around, it saves you a 2nd and 3rd time using old parts, bars leaks and other such stuff (bars leaks to get you home **no worries at all***) bars leake as a 100% fix to the prob(asking for trouble) i hope it all works out.pls dont take what ive said the wrong way lol (its just MY WAY LOl) best of luck ps lol excuse my bad spelling,cheers ps kinda like carpenters(measure twice cut once) in this case do it prop the 1st time ( and you shouldnt have to do it again* or at least for a long time) also some times it does pay to replace a few worn out parts (or wearing out parts as you go) preventitive maintance i call it.what you spend to day may save you half the price tommorow....cheeers again

Last edited:

Kyra90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute
That doesn't seem right. From memory that bolt is only there to hold in the Power Steering pump bracket. Don't hold me to that though, just trying to remember when I pulled down my VT ecotec.

I'm going to let her run for a bit tomorrow and take another pic, so you can see where the coolants pooling. Hopefully that'll help = )

Kyra90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute
***i wouldnt use it *but thats me*** it does state that its for 4cyl cars so may be no good for the power of a v6 cooling syst? (then again i could be wrong) ive found with the cooling syst in all of my cars ***that if its done write with as new *or new parts** the 1st time around it saves a 2nd and 3rd time using old parts and or nars leaks and other such stuff (bars leaks to get you home **no worriesat all***) bars leake as a fix to the prob(asking for trouble) i hope it all works out.ols dont take what ive said the wrong way lol (its just MY WAY LOl) best of luck

Yeah, whatever the problem is, I'm just going to fix in properly = )

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
I'm going to let her run for a bit tomorrow and take another pic, so you can see where the coolants pooling. Hopefully that'll help = )

Yeah defo the best way to go, probably wont start leaking until its at NOT (Normal Operating Temperature), but let us know how you go tomorrow.

Kyra90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute
Yeah defo the best way to go, probably wont start leaking until its at NOT (Normal Operating Temperature), but let us know how you go tomorrow.

I might actually see how long it takes for it to start leaking tomorrow, going by today, it leaks pretty quickly.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Looks to me like it is running down from the inlet manifold and not visible till where the bolt in the picture is - Inlet manifold gasket is a prime component for leaking and very common.