Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

O2 sensors

Red LS1 V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
Hi guys,

What's brand is recommended by folks on here for 02s for an LS1 5.7 VY Series 2? I think 4 sensors are needed? Not worried about getting cheap ones, false economy. I would rather buy the best I can get.

Or is factory the go? If possible, I guess. I just tried to get new CVs from Holden and you can't buy them anymore. No idea where I'll get those now.

Thanks

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Hi guys,

What's brand is recommended by folks on here for 02s for an LS1 5.7 VY Series 2? I think 4 sensors are needed? Not worried about getting cheap ones, false economy. I would rather buy the best I can get.

Or is factory the go? If possible, I guess. I just tried to get new CVs from Holden and you can't buy them anymore. No idea where I'll get those now.

Thanks
I Think most go genuine Bosch if you can

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I just tried to get new CVs from Holden and you can't buy them anymore. No idea where I'll get those now.
Just clean out and regrease the old ones or get a second hand set and rebuild those. It's pretty easy to do and new CV boot are easy to get.

Red LS1 V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
Just clean out and regrease the old ones or get a second hand set and rebuild those. It's pretty easy to do and new CV boot are easy to get.

Thanks. Mine are apparently very loose according to the mechanic. I didn't realise you could rebuild them. Does anyone know of a place in Sydney that does these rebuilds? May be best as suggested, to get a used pair from a wreckers and rebuild those so my car isn't off the road. Although, mine are pretty low km.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
VY LS1 only has the two. Bosch, Delphi or Fuelmiser are perfectly fine brands, it's a simple sensor. I always treat them as consumable every 80k. They aren't much but they are pretty important for an LS, cheap and easy to replace

Red LS1 V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
VY LS1 only has the two. Bosch, Delphi or Fuelmiser are perfectly fine brands, it's a simple sensor. I always treat them as consumable every 80k. They aren't much but they are pretty important for an LS, cheap and easy to replace
Thanks for clarifying, I had been told that VY Series 1 had 2 sensors, VY Series 2 had 4 sensors. Makes sense, apparently mine are "lazy" and are it seems the original sensors from when the car was built.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Thanks for clarifying, I had been told that VY Series 1 had 2 sensors, VY Series 2 had 4 sensors. Makes sense, apparently mine are "lazy" and are it seems the original sensors from when the car was built.
Possibly, the VZ went to 4 in its late life because of the L76 and changes in Euro emissions standards, I've only seen LS1's with the two. Maybe stick your head under and have a look

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Does anyone know of a place in Sydney that does these rebuilds?
Driveshaft/driveline/diff and trans places might, but TBH I think you'll have a hard time finding a place. Most mechanics will just replace them outright because it's more cost economical and can be warrantied better (pretty much because of FWD cars), but in this case you can't. It's dead easy though. The only specialty tools you need are a pair of cheap circlip pliers. Tons of Youtube vids about it,If you're just wanting to buy some though one of my mates bought a set through Pedders (apparently they do CV shafts too) a few years ago for his VS.

Last edited:

Red LS1 V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
Possibly, the VZ went to 4 in its late life because of the L76 and changes in Euro emissions standards, I've only seen LS1's with the two. Maybe stick your head under and have a look
Cars pretty low, so I hadn't tried but may see what I can do.