Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

O2 sensors

Red LS1 V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
Driveshaft/driveline/diff and trans places might, but TBH I think you'll have a hard time finding a place. Most mechanics will just replace them outright because it's more cost economical and can be warrantied better (pretty much because of FWD cars), but in this case you can't. It's dead easy though. The only specialty tools you need are a pair of cheap circlip pliers. Tons of Youtube vids about it,If you're just wanting to buy some though one of my mates bought a set through Pedders (apparently they do CV shafts too) a few years ago for his VS.
Thanks, I don't have that mechanical ability, so I will need to look around for replacements it seems. I'll check out Pedders. I saw these too:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I saw these too:
Sure, they'll do the job, but they're more what you replace them with if you want 800hp. Should be able to get something OEM level cheaper. Friends of mine have also had bad experiences with Torqueline Garage (just google their reviews).

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Torqueline is definitely an avoid situation these days. I used some GSL branded driveshafts from eBay on my VS and the VY before the 600hp upgrades, they were fine. You don't really need hardcore parts unless you're smashing big torque numbers

Red LS1 V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
Thanks guys, that is great info. I wasn't too worried about the price for the pair if they are good, but I will now avoid this vendor. I'll look around but reading reviews, the cheap ones seem best avoided.