Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OBD II Scan tools

VeeZed Driva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
For sure for sure, glad to be helpin the bruthers out: good to be exploring new technology too. This forum saved me a bucket of money in my time. cheers for the update with Itouch i'll pass it on.
Cheers Rohan

VeeZed Driva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Ok, here's what I know/ think so far. I purchased a GL1 cable from Go point technology (took about a week to arrive). I have a 2007 VZ wagon. It has a standard OBD2 port, which only became legislation on Ozzie cars from 2006 on (although I stand corrected on that). I got the cable because it was cheaper than KiWi and I thought it be be more accurate in real time response than WiFi. Its also a prop plug for I phone touch and Pad. I've downloaded 2 apps from I-tunes. One free the other (Dash command) is a bit more $. Both apps read my car which is good (carbonga doesn't: strictly US cars only). It took a little readjustment of settings etc to recognize the cable. (hang in there if you get one). Dash is flash and has some funky screens. it certainly looks the part. It has a lot of functions (for more info see I-tunes). goLink is the other app. It is supported by Fuzzyluke and you can upload your info to the internet and keep track of your car's health. Just start up an account. the Fuzzylink website also interprets codes off your computer and is updated regularly. It measures O2 which the other(Dash command) doesn't. (although it does read lambda output).
If you want to impress mates grab a cable. it won't do ABS or Trannies tho. I'm half tempted to sabotage my car just to see a code and be able to clear it. ;)
It is good if you want the convenience of keeping track of your cars output esp when coolant temp levels are critical and quite vulnerable on VZ's.the Dash command also checks braking and if your phone has gps you can track a popular race track and keep times. It also has a brake "G" sensor and plots braking pressure as well as a spirit level for four wheel driving.
Now my object is to see how I can bring this info into my auto workshop classes at school... if you have any ideas... I could do a fuel flow test in real time and see how well it measures via the I-pad/phone/touch.
anyway haven't taken it for an extended period. Hope this helps.

BRE77W

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6II Ute
Hey Guys,

Im not much of a Forum user but have used for info,
I have a VE Series 2 sv6 Ute
I have a Kiwi and use dashcomandand its all been smooth sailing,
Good lil thing to fiddle around with
Dashcommand is great and you can reskin, with different skins that people make for it,

I stumbled onto this bloke in the states who has designed a HSV Sytle Skin for Dashcomand,
Demon 8 Designs Driver Interface Gauge Software

He has links on You-tube and it all looks pretty smick,
Only looks like its in imperial at the moment, but i think ive read somewere he is making a Metric Version,
Be intersting to see how it turns out,

Ive found my iphone 4 struggles with the skins madd for laptops as it seems laggy,
the more simple and less layered of displays the beter it seems to work.

william-940

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
if you want to get an error code up take out the plugs that connect your electric motor in your drivers seat cos you will get a SRS light.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute SS
I bought one of the cheapest off ebay. about 6 dollars delivered and its wireless.
Works brilliantly. flawless. Reads and clears codes. I use it with a free app "torque lite" . can get so much info with it.
heres a vid of it

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I use an Android Application called "Torque". All you need is a blutooth ODB2 adapter and a Phone or Tablet. Work wonders. The Application has a free version and a paid version (about $5 USDs).

Let you see everything and reset the error codes.