Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OBD II Scanning

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The GS500 is also upgradable via the internet.

Jarp what do you mean as a write interface? VE has LSCAN and HSCAN but no mid speed bus.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
The GS500 is also upgradable via the internet.

Jarp what do you mean as a write interface? VE has LSCAN and HSCAN but no mid speed bus.

Yeah sorry Ricey I'm learning as I go but I think MS CAN is Fords proprietary bus and SW (Short Wire) Can is the GM one that deals with data not normally available on the OBD2 bus. Think it is used for things like traction control, door locks, radio volume etc....also used for CANBUS hacking like this canbushack: Hack Your Car Not that I'm into this sort of thing but I thought I read somewhere that this could be used to change wording on screens etc. Was just out of curiosity really.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yeah sorry Ricey I'm learning as I go but I think MS CAN is Fords proprietary bus and SW (Short Wire) Can is the GM one that deals with data not normally available on the OBD2 bus. Think it is used for things like traction control, door locks, radio volume etc....also used for CANBUS hacking like this canbushack: Hack Your Car Not that I'm into this sort of thing but I thought I read somewhere that this could be used to change wording on screens etc. Was just out of curiosity really.

MSCAN usually means mid speed CANBUS and SW single wire. Low and mid speed bus is generally single wire and High speed is twisted pair wire. Generally low or mid is used for comfort and security items and high speed for engine and traction control etc

The CANBUS is just a network allowing all the modules in the car to communicate.

I would think youd need more than just a generic scan tool to alter text etc but may be wrong.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp

BowTieGQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.8 ;)
Had looked at this ages ago for another vehicle. Everyone's thoughts? OBDPros With the optional OBD2007 software too.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Pretty cheap and nasty, does data display etc havent really tested it fully.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Ok, so maybe the Kiwi wifi thing. Thinkgeek have dropped their shipping rates, might justify blowing more money.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Just purchased this for $60 delivered, self contained unit no need to use the phone.

v2cv3914b.jpg

Will let you know how it goes when it arrives.

Hey mate

Have you fully tested this scanning tool yet and how does it go ?

Does it just read fault codes ? Or it can repair the fault codes aswell ?

Cheers