Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Occasional engine light

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Yeah but you get what you pay for :)....a lot of errors dont show up as CEL or are even logged..

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah gaskets Benji where the TB bolts on. On other cars they have come away fine and have been reused. Not sure if I will be so lucky on the ute.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Was the CEL on when TPS was buggered ?
If the CEL is on, a fault is being logged.

TPS never threw a code. This occasional CEL is a new thing, only since fitting the new exhaust. Plan on getting a laptop scan tool at some point. In the mean time I will use the clip and check later today. I was wondering if I should have reset the PCM when I fitted the new exhaust but didn't because of the difficulty in resetting my Pioneer head unit to the correct filter settings.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
because of the difficulty in resetting my Pioneer head unit to the correct filter settings
Pull the engine fuse (cant remember which one it is but pretty sure its the one under the hood :) ) or there is a 9v battery trick Ive seen mentioned for other cars

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
On ecotecs i dont see tb gaskets even fitted on most of the cars ive pulled a part

It is an eco yea?

I did get a tb gaskets off ebay once. Just randomly saw one so bought it #amazingStories lol

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I can soon pull the fuse but don't you need to drain all the residual power in the PCM's capacitors by grounding the positive and neg??

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
On ecotecs i dont see tb gaskets even fitted on most of the cars ive pulled a part

It is an eco yea?

I did get a tb gaskets off ebay once. Just randomly saw one so bought it #amazingStories lol

Buick and it looks like it has gaskets.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
NA just give it a little longer the caps will drain, not that I think it really matters...yeah there is a gasket between TB and inlet, the 3 Ive done have all come away clean...so I still have the new gasket in the tool box :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I suspect my fuel economy is not as good as it once was. Did some research a seems like a MAP sensor is one cause of this. $65 for a new one but before I go out an order one I have a couple of questions. 1) does a MAP tend to throw a code? 2) are they a part that wear out or go forever?? TPS was replaced and never threw a code. O2 sensor would have to be cactus but hasn't thrown a code. Gonna do a paper clip scan after I have a coffee as like I said I am getting an on and off CEL.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
deleted

Last edited: