Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Odd hazard light issue

Semaj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Just purchased a 2005 VZ commodore, and already discovered a problem :

Sometimes when hazards flick on (including when the locks activate them, so this is rather annoying), the right hand indicator stays on solid. Even after the switch is turned off

By the way it sounds, its as if one relay isn't working properly. I hear a two clicking on, then only one clicking off and cycling as they should.

There doesn't seem to be a hazard relay in the fuse box (there's space for one on the fuse map, but no contacts in place). Is the hazard relay in the computer box thing (that i can sort of see, without pulling anything apart, says "____________ control module", in this model?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
this is an issue with with the body control module, mainly in the earlier vz's, if you bought the cat from a dealer or car yard, you have a 3 month warrenty by law, so get it fixed, if you dont have warrenty, i believe doctor bob on this forum can fix the problem with it. good luck

Semaj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Took it into the local holden dealership, only charged about $600 or so, reasonably flush at the moment so i'm quite happy to pay that :)

Forgot to mention that i took the hazard fuse out though, and they called me at lunch to say they couldnt work out what was wrong... *facepalm*

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Simular prob with my 04 VZ. looking at the BCM problem atm. Several posts on here relating to this. Seems a common fault, GMH should be paying.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
This has happened to me once, i just thought i locked the car to quickly (pressing button in quick secession). Im not to fussed, so ive just left it.

$600, i would have got a second opinion. Holden sure know how to rip u off.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
This has happened to me once, i just thought i locked the car to quickly (pressing button in quick secession). Im not to fussed, so ive just left it.

$600, i would have got a second opinion. Holden sure know how to rip u off.

the issue is purely and simply the bcm, drbob can fix them by pulling them apart and repairing them, but the only way a dealer can do it is buy replacing it

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
Took it into the local holden dealership, only charged about $600 or so, reasonably flush at the moment so i'm quite happy to pay that :)

Forgot to mention that i took the hazard fuse out though, and they called me at lunch to say they couldnt work out what was wrong... *facepalm*

yeah had the same bcm issue but paid 420 for it to be sorted

the issue is purely and simply the bcm, drbob can fix them by pulling them apart and repairing them, but the only way a dealer can do it is buy replacing it

this is a good option but for some any down time with the car is a big pain in the rear.

plus with getting holdens to fix the problem you get 12mnths parts and labour warranty on both the bcm and replacement key heads.

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Im good with Dr Bob doing it. ill chase it up cheers all.

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
GMH part nos for BCM GM-92176588 for the required keys GM-920941154
actual part no for BCM possibly 92155209CO
finding it hard to get mine repaired ATM.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
in what way? dr bob may be busy, but holdens should be able to do it straight away.