Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ODO Worries

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My ute came with it's very own VS manual. Only issue was mine is a VR and very few pages in it were any use to me.....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Lots of people throw them up on ePrey, which is part of the reason they are commonly missing.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Still have the original hand written sales receipt in the owners manual folder :D

Good to know you could get in contact with the original owner, certainly helps for some other info as needed.
And as for telling the age and real condition, it would be noticeable, so if the whole condition of the vehicle wasn't lining up then it would possibly be easier to be suss.

12POUNDSTATO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S2 L67
Yeah got all the service history but it didn’t add up. But the original owner told me he gave the car to his parents and they barely put 5000 kms on it in 12 years so it makes sense

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Yeah got all the service history but it didn’t add up. But the original owner told me he gave the car to his parents and they barely put 5000 kms on it in 12 years so it makes sense
Sounds like my mum's car. In which case, the tyres should be old and perished (as evidence of low mileage).

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
But the original owner told me he gave the car to his parents and they barely put 5000 kms on it in 12 years so it makes sense

Now I recall the car, this had a few battle scars done to it by the Parents. You would've bought this about 6 or so months ago ?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Got vh sle that came with owners manual/service history lol

12POUNDSTATO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S2 L67
Now I recall the car, this had a few battle scars done to it by the Parents. You would've bought this about 6 or so months ago ?

no it was a recent purchase. i brought it from the guy who fixed it up.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Yes so it's the same car that was on Gumtree previous to you buying it. I recall it as it was offered to me back then.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Whollll it would be a lucky man to find a original owners manual in the glove box of an old VR or VS..... hahaha
bought a VQ a little while ago, not only had all of the books, but a A4 folder with every plastic sleeve filled with every service and repair ever done. was about half as thick as a phone book