Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oh dear...SV6 wannabe :(

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
holden007 said:
Exactly right, might have had an accident.

not might ... HAS

look at the front bar .. whoever mixed the paint on that was definitely a 2nd year apprentice commodore front bars always go milky .. you have to allow for that

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
benzor said:
AFS are freaking pathetic sometimes. I paid $33k for mine from heartland blacktown, in october last year, with 14,000k's on it.

Now it's got 65,500 on it, I'd hate to think of what my tradeins gunna be like :(

yeah im struggling to get over $20000 for my trade-in and no one wants to buy it privatly either

i paid $26500 this time last year for my 04 model with 14000k.

S

Shanoqueeb

my mum just bought an 05 SVZ6 sports pack, sunroof and leather seats and all that jazz, 9,000 kms on the clock and paid $36,000

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport

Spotted this today in a car-yard.

The person that did this should be shot.:bang:

Any comments welcome..

Apologies about the poor quality pic, was shooting into the sun.

Tom/WA proud owner of a 'real' SV6.

Honestly I don’t see a problem with a person adding or removing cosmetic parts such and body kits and wings.

If the guy feels he like to make his car look like a SV6 or a SS or Clubsport then does it really matter his car his money.

You might be surprised just how many mock up there are running around out there.

I personal wouldn’t but like I said each to his own.

If you don’t intend to buy this mock up version of a SV6 so why get yourself all fluster and race about like a kids at a lollie store taking photos.

You probably own a SV6 that’s great, but other are less fortunate.

I gather that you wont be adding or changing any items on you SV6 during its life with you.

To many people tend to want to judge others less fortunate.

Personally I say go for it guy if you want to make your v6 commie look like a GTO go for your money.

Cheers

Attachments

• vyss.jpg
    vyss.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 160

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
at campbelltown australian fleet sales they wanted $37990 for a 04 sv6. i nearly fell over when i saw it, and when i asked the dealer if it was a typo he said no with a confussed look on his face

Mate, keep away from AFS they are a bunch of crooks, every car down there under 10grand has 250k + on the clock, they try to sucker people in with bullshit finace packages where you end up paying twice as much.

I would wait and mabey trade it in on a VE SV6? in a few months when the hype calms down and get an 06 plate in 07 when they have too many to get rid of...

P.S you from round Campbelltown?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Honestly I don’t see a problem with a person adding or removing cosmetic parts such and body kits and wings.

If the guy feels he like to make his car look like a SV6 or a SS or Clubsport then does it really matter his car his money....

Fair enough.

But put the shoe on the other foot for a minute. People who fork out extra dollars to drive an SV6 / SS / HSV want to have something that looks better and is distinguished from the base models. If the owners of the base models start making their cars look like the higher models, then it's not real fair to those who have paid the extra money to drive the real thing.

IMO models such as SV6, SS etc should be protected the same way HSV try to protect their parts being bought by just anyone. Mind you, that doesn't work real well. If it was up to me, I'd implement a stricter system to stop SV6/SS/HSV parts being sold to just anyone.

Just my 2c worth...

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Fair enough.

But put the shoe on the other foot for a minute. People who fork out extra dollars to drive an SV6 / SS / HSV want to have something that looks better and is distinguished from the base models. If the owners of the base models start making their cars look like the higher models, then it's not real fair to those who have paid the extra money to drive the real thing.

IMO models such as SV6, SS etc should be protected the same way HSV try to protect their parts being bought by just anyone. Mind you, that doesn't work real well. If it was up to me, I'd implement a stricter system to stop SV6/SS/HSV parts being sold to just anyone.

Just my 2c worth...

i agree with you on all your points but unfortunately there will always be ppl out there that will make copies so therefore the strict rules HSV has with anyone buying genuine HSV over the counter only stops the genuine stuff being sold not the crappy fiberglass wannabe crap

i am still getting used to quoting my cars TAG number when i call up or go into parts at holden to get stuff for my R8

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Yeah, it's a shame that.

So theoretically, if you gave your TAG number to some guy with an Executive, he could buy HSV bits? Surely there must be a way to stop this sorta thing...

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Yeah, it's a shame that.

So theoretically, if you gave your TAG number to some guy with an Executive, he could buy HSV bits? Surely there must be a way to stop this sorta thing...

Yep unfortunatley. My brother in law has an VZ R8 and i used his numbers to get some parts he needed for his car as i was in the area at the time and the guy at spare parts didnt check that the car was actually mine.
Also a mate of mine got the vin number from a new HSV in the car lot and then used them to buy parts with it lol

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Yeah, it's a shame that.

yeah its not a full proof method and most dealers will give you parts if you can produce a hsv vin or tag# of the same make and model that you want parts for.

they do get strict when asking for codes and pins....when i bought mine off a dealer i went to another and they wanted to see:
a) car
b) log book
c) rego papers with my name or because it was the day after i bought it i should him the contract of sale