Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil Catch Cans// Worth it??

QldKev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina - GENIII
and yet, look at the intake manifold of any high mileage engine and what is full off? how many threads do you see on this forum where the first response is clean the TB and IAC? a basic catch can setup within a legal PCV system eliminates this problem. car/engine manufacturers don't give a damn because these issues occur long after your 100,000km/3year warranty has run out.

I agree. How many threads for cleaning throttle bodies and intake manifiolds are out there; heaps, google it for any commodore and you will find them. They are always talking about how oil vapour in the inlet reduces the effective octane of you fuel.

QldKev

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'll be running one but that's because the Walky throttle bodies don't have an inlet for breathers from rocker covers to hook up to! I have had screw fittings fitted to rocker covers and will run braided lines to catch can. However I will then vent into air box. To keep it legal. As ones with filters on the top are not technically legal. I am trying to look like u give a **** if it's legal lol.

with a Holden engine you are better running the breather from the valley to help with the windage issues they have. Walky manifolds already have a breather in the valley so i'd use that.

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
so i should clean the oil out of my manifold? lol