Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil leak out the top of the pressure sensor...

voney

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 3.8
Hey Guys,

I've got a pretty bad oil leak coming out of the top of the oil pressure sensor where the plastic and the metal meet, on my VP Lexcen.

When i say pretty bad i mean horrible, it pretty much just flows out there. Would this be the sensor itself? i read there's a pressure relief valve there somewhere and thaught it may be kicking in due to a blockage or something.... not sure.

So two questions really, is that where the pressure is released from? And if not does that mean the sensor is gone?

I need to figure this out soon because i pretty much have to walk or catch a CAB to wherever i need to to get to get the **** i need to fix this.

Cheers,

Voney

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP vacationer, 95 VR II exec, 92 VP S Pack
yeah change that sensor. Mine did the same thing and lucky I put more oil in as I nearly ran the sump dry. they are 23 buks from burson's

voney

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 3.8
Yeah, i just finished changing it now. As well as the filter.

Looks to be OK, got the sensor from REPCO for $16 not bad.

Now my car is its normal level of crapness instead of ultra-crap. :p

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP vacationer, 95 VR II exec, 92 VP S Pack
lol yeah, commodore crapyness.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Just note in future, it's always worth using a torque wrench when doing up those sensors. They're slightly tapered, and if you screw them in too far it's possible to split the housing on your oil pump. Not so much for you, but for anyone else that looks up this thread :)