Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil pressure cluster problem!!

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Hey guys I bought a cluster today and I just put it in and everything works except for the oil pressure gauge. I recently read something on this site about how the wires can be played with to make it work. And now I can't find it. Can anyone help with a link or just someone who already knows how to do it

Cheers

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
Did your car have the Berlina/Calais cluster to begin with or have you just upgraded from the SL/Executive version.

If you just swapped it over to the higher spec version you'll need to add an oil pressure sensor so the gauge will display properly.

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Yea upgraded the executive cluster to a berlina cluster. Another question, can anyone tell me why my fuel gauge won't work. It read properly once and hasn't worked since

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
Yea upgraded the executive cluster to a berlina cluster. Another question, can anyone tell me why my fuel gauge won't work. It read properly once and hasn't worked since

You'll need to add the oil pressure sensor for the gauge to display properly, the car you took the cluster from should have it.

As for the fuel gauge, I have no idea it could be a problem with the sensor in the tank, the wiring from the sensor or a fault in the cluster itself.

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
I've put a berlina cluster in once before and the fuel didn't work. So I put the old one back in then bought another berlina cluster in the other day and it works every now and then.

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
You'll find it will be a bad earth to the gauge in the cluster... Its a common problem, there is a thread on CalaisTurbo.com.au about how to fix it...

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Cheers mate

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Cheers mate. U wouldn't be able to send me the link would u? I can never seem to find anything on there. Sorry if its a pain