Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

oil pressure gauge install question

Slow_Az

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY s11 Cosmo "S"
hi all, just wondering if the so called one size fits all senders that come with the autometer and drift crystal series gauges work with vy2 or would i have to buy something else? autometer cobalt series gauges i'm looking at, but also looking at the Drift crystal series (AutoBarn) also as when there's no power, the dials are blank. any help here would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
not sure on this "one size fit all" but i know for a fact that autometer pressure senders are normally a 1/8" npt fitting but come with a 1/4" npt adaptor for engines that have a standard 1/4"npt oil presure fitting (as the ecotec has). it's best to fit a "T" piece so that the factory presure sender and autometer sender both work. here's a pic of mine before i fitted a remote mounted filter(which has both oil temp and pressure fittings, the pic is for a buick 3800 but you get the idea)

Attachments

• remote oil filter setup 001.jpg
    remote oil filter setup 001.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 58,038

Slow_Az

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY s11 Cosmo "S"
not sure on this "one size fit all" but i know for a fact that autometer pressure senders are normally a 1/8" npt fitting but come with a 1/4" npt adaptor for engines that have a standard 1/4"npt oil presure fitting (as the ecotec has). it's best to fit a "T" piece so that the factory presure sender and autometer sender both work. here's a pic of mine before i fitted a remote mounted filter(which has both oil temp and pressure fittings, the pic is for a buick 3800 but you get the idea)

thanks for that. i think i'll do it the same way. seems simple and neat. just one more question, where would i get my hands on a t piece from? the local repco should have it right?

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
yeah well the way its shown in the previous picture is the way to do it.just a tee piece so both sender units are attached.if you dont leave the original as well you will get a red light & fault code coming up.
cheers
warrick

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
thanks for that. i think i'll do it the same way. seems simple and neat. just one more question, where would i get my hands on a t piece from? the local repco should have it right?

i'd try a local engineering suply shop, they are probably cheaper then repco. you also need a 1/4"npt nipple so that you can fit the "T" into the engine fitting

Slow_Az

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY s11 Cosmo "S"
tee piece in place, no leaks, now i have no idea which wires i can tap into for power for lights and for the ignition. any help would be great. the guide for the vn install was great but i dont think the wires are the same in the vy 2.

marks vy, i was lucky enough like you too. just able to put the plug back on.